Back Home

It's 2:01. Man, the things I do for my readers. Hope you like the chapter.

You watched from the trees as Clay led Techno and Tommy away from Mark's house. You saw George's signal to start moving towards the house.

You slowly got out from the trees and dropped onto the ground.

"Be careful (y/n)." Sapnap whispered. You looked up at him and nodded.

"I will." You turned and walked through the bushes, stalking towards Mark's house.

Techno stopped running and turned back to the house, his eyes watching the grounds. You froze and dropped to your hands and knees, glad that you haven't left the bushes fully yet. Tommy yelled something, gaining Techno's attention.

You exhaled and calmed your fast beating heart. You stood up and ran across the field, almost crashing into Mark's door.

"Shit!" You stopped yourself from hitting his door. Mark opened his door and pulled you inside, quickly shutting the door behind you.

"Welcome back (y/n)." He said, helping you up from the floor.

"Happy to be back." You said.

Mark stared at you and laughed. You stared at him in confusion.

"What?"

He reached down and pulled a few sticks out of your hair, throwing them in a nearby trash can.

"Oh." You chuckled to yourself. "Thank you."

"No problem!" Mark patted your head and started to walk past you.

You reached out to grab the back of his shirt but hesitated. You watched him walk away, back to his room.

"God damn you, (y/n)!" You whispered to yourself. "Why can't you say sorry to somebody?!" You hugged yourself and made your way to your own room, locking the door behind once you entered the room.

Your back hit the door, and you slid down, hitting the floor and pulling your legs to your chest. You hugged your legs and rested your head on your knees.

The sun lit the room in an orangish haze, making everything look slightly more beautiful.

After a few minutes, your cell phone rang, making you jump.

"Oh. It's Clay." You picked up and held the phone to your ear. "Hello?"

"Hey (y/n)." His sudden voice hurt your ear.

"Ow." You whispered, turning down the volume. "Is there anything you need?"

"Nope. Just wanted to tell you that I have led your two brothers out of town via the bus." Clay chuckled. "I don't think they know I'm not in the bus."

You stared at the carpet. "Wait."

"Yes?"

"You're not the bus roof are you?"

Clay watched the tops of the trees fly past him. "How'd you know?"

You sighed. "Oh my god."

Clay laughed. "Wow, I can hear the disappointment."

"Yeah, yeah. Speak to you later." You hung up the phone and stood up, making the way back to your bed.

You plugged in your phone and looked out the window, seeing the sun almost at the horizon.

A knock was heard at the door, resulting in the door opening right after. "Do you want to watch something?" Mark asked.

You looked at him with curiosity and shook your head. "No, not now."

Mark nodded. "Okay."

"Thanks for the offer though."

"No problem."

He shut the door, the sound of his footsteps fading away.

Your room was almost fully dark by now, so you decided to try and sleep.

You curled up under the covers and stared blankly at the wall, your room going fully dark.

One single tear fell from your eye, leaving you confused.

You hadn't cried in forever. Locking your emotions made sure of that.

You squeezed your eyes shut, letting a few more tears leave.

This, this felt nice. Crying felt good. I suppose its good now and then.

Mark stood by your door, his hand stopped in place from him about to knock. His heart hurt from hearing your silent sobs, leaving him saddened.

He opened your door and entered, closing it behind him. He went over to your bedside, and laid down on top of the covers beside you. You didn't care, you just cried. He pulled you close to him, tracing circles on your back to calm you down.

"It's okay." He whispered. "It's alright.

Ight, It's almost 3am, and I'm starting to get tired. Goodnight guys/girls/non-binarys.