Brother?

Techno grumbled and pulled his blanket over his head, trying to go back to sleep.

But he couldn't, like something bad had just happened.

That's right.

You would always wake him.

"Fuck!"

Techno threw the covers off him and got out of bed, grabbing his phone and pulling up any new text messages you could've sent him.

He only saw that one text you sent in the family group chat; Bye.

"No, no, no." He mumbled, calling you. "Pick up, pick up."

>>>...<<<

Your phone rang in your pocket, catching you off guard.

"What the hell?" You said, pulling it out. You saw the caller id and froze.

"Crap."

>>>...<<<

"Goddamn it (y/n)! Pick up the phone!" Techno shouted, pacing around in his room.

He paused his pacing and looked out the window, noticing the sun was high in the sky.

"I slept in for that long?" He said aloud. He shook his head. "Focus, Techno, focus!"

>>>...<<<

You sighed after the third time the phone rang and picked it up.

"Finally!" The voice on the other side said.

"What do you want Techno?" You said, your new friend, Mark, looking at you confused.

"I missed you waking my ass up this morning!" Techno said.

You rolled your eyes and put the phone to your chest. "Where's my room?" You whispered.

Mark pointed down a hallway. "Down there and to the right."

"Thank you." You picked up your bag and followed Mark's directions, entering your room and throwing your stuff onto the floofy bed.

"Yeah, well, I thought maybe I'd let you sleep in. Clearly it worked 'cause it's what," You checked your watch. "Around 12:30?"

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks for that though, I streamed most of the night yesterday." Techno grew quiet.

You stayed silent, standing in the middle of the room, staring at your bag.

"Where are you?" Techno asked.

"Nowhere in particular." You responded, turning around and looking out the window.

"Cut the crap (y/n). Where. Are. You?" Techno's voice went dark, almost growling.

"Like I said, brother, nowhere in particular!" You shouted into the phone, pulling it away from your face. "Now leave me alone!!"

You pressed the red button on your phone, ending the call and leaving Techno with the droning beep of someone hanging up on him.

You heard a knock on the door and the hinges creak open. You turned and looked at the door, seeing Mark with his head in the doorway.

"Is everything alright?" He asked. "I heard shouting."

You smiled weakly at him. "Everything is fine, Mark. What do you need?"

Mark opened the door a little more and revealed a plate of warm cookies. "I made cookies."

"Thanks? I guess." You took the plate of cookies from him and put one in your mouth. Nice, he made these well.

"I'll take my leave now." Mark said.

"Bye." You said, shutting the door.

>>>...<<<

Techno stared at his phone in shock. "You little BITCH!!" He threw the phone onto the floor, shattering the screen.

"Is everything okay, Techno?" The door creaked open.

Techno whipped his head around to look at your shared mother. "I'm leaving." He said.

"Huh?" Your mother said. "Why?"

Techno pulled a few off his clothes out of his closet and shoved them into a bag he pulled out of nowhere.

"Because (y/n) is God knows where, and she is my younger sister!" Techno shouted. He paused and looked at his mom again. "And because I am the older sibling, I have to look after my younger siblings!"

His mom grumbled and left his room, her footsteps fading away.

Techno glanced at his broken phone on the floor and sighed. "Plus I need a new phone."

Published: January 17th