Sorry

You blinked slowly, the presence of somebody behind you filling you with a sense of security. Mark's hands were hugging your body, his even breathing and steady heartbeat matching your own.

Your heartbeats were in sync, like they say in the old books.

You smiled to yourself, having not felt this safe for as long as you could remember.

The last time you felt this safe was when- No!

Can't mention him. You will not mention him.

Mark shifted, sending you into panic mode.

"Morning (y/n)." Mark whispered, his morning voice making your face feel hot.

"M-morning Mark." You whispered back, covering you face with your hands.

Mark released you and sat up. "Sorry for holding you. I guess I fell asleep while comforting you last night."

You sat up and pulled your legs closer to your body. "It's okay." You felt the heat in your face fade away.

"I'll go make breakfast!" Mark stood up and started to leave the room.

"Wait."

Mark stopped and turned to face you. "Yes?"

The words stayed stuck in your throat. "N-nothing." You said. "I'll just tell you at the table."

Mark smiled at you. "Okay." He left the room, leaving you alone.

You sighed and got out of the bed, changing your clothes into something more comfortable.

Going into the living room, you smelled the aroma of the food your housemate was cooking.

"Smells good." You said, entering the kitchen.

"Thanks." Mark chuckled. "I try my best."

Leaving the kitchen, you sat down on the couch and looked around.

You could get used to living in this house.

Mark set down the food in front of you on the coffee table, sitting down across from you. You both started eating, silence hanging like a cloud over you.

"So," Mark started. "What did you want to tell me?"

You choked on your food, causing Mark to panic.

"I'm fine." You coughed.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm sure." You set down the food and swallowed what was let of the food in your mouth. "I just wanted to tell you," You hesitated.

Mark stared at you with intense curiosity.

"I'm sorry."

He blinked. "For what?"

"For being so rude to you!" You looked at him, but shifted your gaze to the floor. "I've been nothing but rude to you since I got here."

"(y/n)-"

"No." You interrupted him. "I'm sorry. Maybe I should just move to a different house or rent a room in a hotel."

"(y/n), listen to me."

You looked back into Mark's eyes.

Woah, they were pretty.

One was a beautiful green color, with small hints of blue around the iris. The other was close to a blood-red color, with deep purple around the iris.

"There's no need to apologize!" Mark chuckled, looking away from your eyes. "Zak told me about the way you talk to strangers. I kinda expected a little attitude."

"Oh."

"Yeah." He inhaled sharply. "Anyways-"

"Moving on." You sighed nervously.

"I'll clean up the food." Mark stood up and took the empty plates back to the kitchen, leaving you alone in the living room.

"That wasn't so hard." You whispered to yourself. You closed your eyes and smiled softly.

Yeah, you'll like living in this household.

I was bored and couldn't get this part of the story out of my head. Plus, I got the motivation to write this. I'm still updating every Thursday and Sunday.

:D

Consider yourself lucky I desided to write this before bed.

It's 11:44pm.

Goodnight? Maybe not.