Chapter 27

I had to blink to get adjusted to the sudden brightness that appeared as the portal opened up to Ninjago.
Though as I looked around it was evident that stuff happened here as well while we were in the First Realm.
Buildings were destroyed, the clouds were dark and the Colossus stood in the centre of Ninjago, wreaking havoc.

"What happened..?" I mumbled to nobody as I looked around at the utter disarray everything was in.
"I don't know, but we're going to find out." Jay replied as the dragons started to swoop, brushing over buildings.

"Hey! Over there!" I cried, pointing to where a large group of goons from the Sons of Garmadon were surrounding Lloyd, Nya and a guy in a brown gi similar to the ninja's.
They seemed to be getting overwhelmed with the amount of goons surrounding them, it seemed to be never ending.

"Guys! Over there! I'll go help!" I called to Wu, who seemed to notice them and nodded.
Jay's dragon started to swoop low enough for me to be able to jump off safely and help the others out.

I jumped off, feeling the claws, fangs and horns grow slightly as I did before I landed on the ground in the middle of the pandemonium.
A few of the goons were knocked over from the impact of me falling down as I straightened up.

All of them recognised me as I growled and summoned some destructive energy in my hands.
"Retreat!" One of them cried, all of them knowing fully well they wouldn't last in a fight against me.

But the dragons landed, trapping the goons who were trying to escape.
"The ninja are back!" Brown clothed guy cried as I looked at him before realising it was the same guy who's place we took over back when I was part of the S.O.G. Dareth was his name I'm pretty sure.

"With very large dragons..." Nya added, staring at the beasts before looking at me with a glare. "What do you want Shifter?"
"Nothing, I'm here to help." I replied, putting my hands up in surrender.

"Hey, hey. She's with us." Jay said, running between us two. "It took awhile but she's good."
Nya nodded slowly, but still looked at me with a suspicious look.

"We did it! We held out!" Lloyd cried, eyes wet with unshed tears as he embraced the ninja.
I stood to the side, knowing they deserved to be able to have a moment and staying on lookout.

"Hey, where's Mistaké?" I asked after they pulled away, and saddened looks crossed both Dareth, Lloyd and Nya's faces.
"I'm sorry...she's gone." Lloyd said and I stepped back in shock.

"No....you're joking right?" I asked but they shook their heads.
"Her life was taken by Garmadon...I'm sorry, I didn't know you knew her." Lloyd said.

I didn't respond, staring at the ground, the only other of my kind that I knew was alive was now dead.
I stepped away to collect my thoughts as the others noticed Wu and ran over to him, wiping away stray tears as I silently cried. I should've taken up the offer to have some tea with her...even if it would've taken a little longer.

I jolted as I felt an arm on my shoulder and looked to see Wu looking at me with a concerned face.
"She's gone." I said in a shaky whisper before a sob escaped my throat and more tears flowed down my face as I tried to wipe them away.
"Hey, it's okay to mourn your loved ones, I know she meant a lot to you." Wu said gently.
I nodded, taking a few deep breaths and wiping stray tears away as the sadness boiled way to anger.

"I'm going to fucking kill that bastard." I growled as I stood up with a new goal, to put an end to Garmadon.

I walked back over to the group to see Kai worrying over a red haired woman in an orange gi.
"Who's that?" I asked. "What happened to her?"
I bent down to get a closer look, she seemed asleep but her eyes were open and a dull shade of purple, I then noticed black-purple tendrils slowly creeping up the side of her face.