Chapter 10

I groaned, I didn't know how to fix huge ships that fly in the sky! I was better for destroying stuff than fixing anything.

We knew the S.O.G would be coming for us (well the ninja) anyway and Harumi and Lloyd were off to get the Mask of Hatred, we didn't have much of a chance if we didn't get the bounty fixed in time.

"Hey, could you pass me that?" Nya asked from her spot under a few monitors, pointing to a screwdriver.
"Here." I said, passing it over before she went back to fixing it.

There was a loud rumble/roaring sound that came from deep in the jungle, making Nya come out from under the monitors.
"Huh? I'm going to investigate..." Nya said, putting the tool down and leaving the room.

I stood up and stretched before hearing an explosion from nearby and the ninja yelling about something.
In concern I ran outside and climbed down a ladder to find Jay covered in soot and the other ninja laughing around him.

"Ugh, that's it! I've had it! First we crash land in who-knows-where, surrounded by who-knows-what, and now this!" Jay cried in annoyance.
I stifled a small chuckle from his outburst.

"Well, at least Cole Jr. is fine, so we can give the diapers to Jay." Cole chuckled, turning around to show us his makeshift baby carrier for Wu.

"Hahahaha hilarious." Jay replied sarcastically.
"Seriously? Cole Jr.?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"What?" Cole asked in defence before there was anther loud roar, making everyone look around.
"What was that?" Jay asked in worry, looking around before Nya landed beside him in the Samurai X suit.

"Look what I found."
"My suit!" Pixal cried before catching herself. "I mean...your suit."
"It's alright Pixal." Nya said as she climbed out with a piece of paper in her hand, "it's yours now."
Pixal blinked and nodded her head in thanks before Nya spoke again.

"There also was a note, from Lloyd. He and Rumi are going to the temple." She explained.
"Then they're alright." Cole said in relief.

"But we're still grounded." Kai said, gesturing to the broken ship. "Let's get back to work, before the Sons of Garmadon pick up our trail."

Everyone nodded and went off to do their share of work on the bounty, however I just stood there awkwardly, unsure what to do.
"Hey, (Y/n)! You can help me over here." Jay called, seeing me standing there.

I grinned and walked over to him, about to go underneath some weird monitor.
"Could you pass me the tools while I'm under here?" He asked and I nodded, bringing the toolbox closer.

———

"Aaannd that's fixed!" Jay said sliding out from underneath the monitor. "Thanks."
I grinned. "Anytime." I replied before standing up and stretching. "I might go for a small walk around here, just to clear my head."

"Oh, alright, don't get lost."
"I won't."

I walked away and into the forest until the entire bounty was out of my sight, before stepping into a shadow and finding myself near where the S.O.G had stopped.

"Why have we stopped?" I heard Killow's irritated voice as he made his way to the front of the group.
"Because I don't fly." UV stated as a matter-of-fact, stopping right at the edge of a long drop.

I walked over to the group, making my presence known before stopping to look at Killow.
"Need any help?" I asked with a smirk.
"Uh...sure." He said unsure.

"Great!" I replied with a grin and held my hand out to where Killow's bike was.

The Mask of Deception flew to my hand and I grabbed it before looking at the mask for a second. I took a deep breath and put the mask on, feeling a rush of power surge through me.

I could feel my fangs lengthen, claws growing and horns jutting out of my head, making me feel a little woozy.
"Woah....I forgot that happened..." I said, regaining my balance, hearing UV chuckle.

I held out my hands and large rocks rose up into the air before fitting together to create a bridge connecting the canyon.

"Go on over while I keep this up before I give the mask back to you." I said, stepping out of the way.

They all nodded and slowly made their way across the bridge until the last person was safely on the other side, where I allowed all of the rocks to drop and warped over to where the group was.
"Here you go." I said, pulling off the mask and handing it to Killow.

I noticed a few people flinch as I did, making me frown before I felt my fangs and claws becoming shorter.
"How do I look?" I asked UV.
"Like a plain old boring person."
"Thanks, and see ya!" I said before stepping into a shadow and warping back to nearby the bounty.

I walked back out from the jungle and went to find somewhere I could be of help.

"Hey, (Y/N), can you lend us a hand?" Kai asked, carrying a bunch of stuff in his arms which looked as though it would fall off anytime soon.
"Sure." I replied and took some of the things out of his hands and put them onto the table.
"Ugh, I hope Lloyd and Rumi are okay." Cole said, fiddling with a computer monitor.

"I'm sure they're fine." Kai said, placing the rest of the stuff down. "They don't seem to have any trouble looking out for each other."
"Yeah, I have noticed that they've gotten pretty close." Cole pointed out. "Pass the wrench?"
"Got the wrench."
"Wrench coming your way." I said, picking up the wrench and throwing to Kai, who handed it to Cole.
I didn't really know what to do, so I just sat on the table and listened to their conversation.

"So, Lloyd has the hots for the princess." Cole said.
"Wait, what?" I asked. "I haven't noticed anything."
"Well, they've gotten really close." Jay said.

"Well if things keep heating up I wonder what we have to call him next, the Royal Green Ninja?" Cole said, half laughing at the sound of that. "Pliers?"
"Got the pliers?" Kai asked.
Jay and I looked around, though I couldn't see any pliers anywhere.
"I don't have the pliers." Jay said before seeing someone pass him them. "Oh, why thank you."
He took the pliers before shaking his head and looking down with a gasp.

"What's wrong?" I asked, getting off the table and moving to where Jay was, seeing Wu had grown up a bit and was now walking.
Toddler Wu laughed as he saw our expressions, bobbing up and down.

"Cole, I thought you put the baby down for a nap." Jay said.
"Well, clearly it looks like he's not a baby anymore." I pointed out.
"You meant little Cole Jr? I did but he was pretty restless." Cole said.

"Uh huh, then why is little Cole Jr. standing in front of me and (Y/N) and passing me the pliers? " Jay asked, watching Wu jumped around and laughing before slowly shuffling off.
"Huh?" Cole and Kai said before coming over to us, along with Zane coming to investigate.

"Cole Jr. is walking now?!" Cole asked in disbelief. "I don't know much about babies, but are they supposed to walk?"
"No, no they're not and I don't think they know what pliers are." Kai pointed out.

Wu made a grab for a cup of tea and smiled in satisfaction before blowing on it to cool down and taking a sip.
"And they definitely can't do that." Kai said, sounding a bit creeped out.

"Ok, now I've seen it all. I really quit!" Jay said angrily.
"Hey, calm down." I said in a calm voice.
Wu took another sip of the tea before speaking.

"Ninja never quit." He said in a small baby-like voice before laughing.
Jay, Cole, Kai and Zane stood there with shocked faces for short while, staring at laughing Wu.
'Did Wu break them?' I thought.
"Guy's, I don't think that's Cole Jr." Jay said.
'No shit Sherlock, that name was a horrible choice.' I thought.

"T-that's Master Wu."

Word count: 1385 words