Chapter 4

I unpacked my bag, putting toiletries in the small bathroom, folding clothes into the shelves and putting other things such as my laptop and phone on the bed. I had a couple of documents and that related to the Sons of Garmadon on my laptop, but I put them onto a hard drive and quickly put it back at the base so the ninja couldn't find it.

They were talking about something when Jay and I got back, asking Jay to join them while I unpacked my things.

Well I was done so I decided to go back onto the deck. Once I was I saw the group had moved to the bridge, still talking I guess.

I climbed up hearing the conversation they were having.
"I know, but the Emperor and Empress specifically asked for all six of us, I'm sure she'll be fine if we left her here." I heard Lloyd say.
"Yeah, but something bad might happen to her if she's left alone." I heard Jay reply.

"Excuse me," I interrupted, "what's going on here?"
"Oh (Y/n), sorry, we were talking about a new mission we have, but we're a little concerned about your safety when left alone here." Zane explained to me as I walked closer.

'Hmm, if I'm left alone, I could do some snooping.' I thought to myself.

"If it is alright with you, I can look after (Y/n) while you're on your mission." A female robotic voice spoke from out of nowhere.

I looked around, searching for the voice before my eyes landed on a large computer, it's screen flashing brighter as it spoke.
"If that is alright with you?" It said.

The ninja looked at each other before slowly nodding.
"That sounds like a good idea, we trust you, Pixal." Lloyd said to the computer.

'Welp, there goes my snooping plans.' I thought.

"Are you alright with that (Y/n)?" I heard Jay ask.
I looked to see the group looking at me and I nodded.
"Yeah, sounds good, I don't want to keep you guys behind." I said with a soft smile.

They nodded before finishing off anything else with their new mission.

Apparently the Emperor of Ninjago was doing a speech on something and hired the ninja to be their guards for awhile with the looming threats of Ninjago.

"Okay, we're going to go, if you need us, get Pixal to alert one of us." Zane said, looking at the monitor briefly.
"I'm sure she's in safe hands." Pixal replied, Zane nodding.

"Bye then." I called as they left, getting a few goodbyes in return.

Then it was me and Pixal left.

———

I sighed, placing my phone on the table.

I had been hanging out in the bridge ever since the ninja left as it had good service and a wifi signal, just watching vine compilations or anything else of interest.

The sun was starting to set over the city and the ninja still hadn't returned...maybe it was an overnight mission.

"Hey Pixal, do you know when the ninja will be back?" I asked.
"I am not sure, they have been at the palace 10 minutes after they left the bounty." She replied.
"Oh, okay." I said.

I heard my phone vibrate and picked it up, seeing that Ultra Violet had messaged me, but I wasn't stupid enough to answer the text right there.

I faked a yawn and stood up.
"I'm gonna find something to eat then maybe have a nap." I announced to Pixal.

"Very well, the kitchen is down the hall and the last entrance to the right. I'm sure you'll find something there. I'm going offline for awhile, so I won't be able to answer anything, but the ninja will be back soon hopefully." Pixal explained.