Chapter 23

I wiped my mouth as I took a drink from one of the water bags we had with us. It was slightly warm from sitting in the sun, but it's better than nothing.

Currently we were refuelling the vehicles before continuing our journey to wherever Wu was taking us.

"I'm parched, and you drank my water." I heard Kai say, walking up to Jay and taking the water bag away and starting to drink it.
"Your water, but that's my bag." Jay replied, trying to take it back.

"Hey! We said we were sharing it, it's already half-gone."
"I'm not the only one, Zane had a little."
I looked up to see Faith glaring daggers at the two ninja and hopped down from the vehicle she was fixing.

"You guys can just ask Zane to make you some ice and let it melt...." I spoke up but they ignored me.

"Zane doesn't need water, admit it, you're a water hog."
"Ugh, where's Nya when you need her?" Jay groaned.

I watched a Faith walked up to them, unsheathing her sword, picking up some sort of large fruit.

"Woah woah woah, careful!" Jay and Kai said in alarm as they noticed before Faith brought her sword down and cut the water bearing fruit in half.
"Now we all have water." She said before walking away as both Kai and Jay scrabbled to drink some.

I rolled my eyes, looking around to see if I could help out with anything before seeing Wu walking over to me.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked, and I nodded.
"Sure." I replied, following him a small distance away, I guess he didn't want anyone overhearing.

"You're an Oni, right?" He asked in a low voice and I froze.
Why was I freezing? Of course he knows.

"Yeah, and so are you." I replied flatly. "Well, part Oni."
He blinked. "Does anyone know?"

I snorted. "Of course not! Why would I tell people I was a crazy bloodthirsty demon hellbent on destruction? They would either be terrified or send me to a mental asylum!"

He was silent, looking at the ground. "Well that makes sense.."
"What does?"
"Well on the night everyone escaped, Firstbourne attacked us, but you put a shield up, you can shapeshift and probably so many other things that we don't know." He explained.

I nodded before hesitating. "You're not going to tell anyone...are you?"
"They need to know...." Wu mumbled and I narrowed my eyes, stepping forwards.

"What they don't know won't hurt them." I replied curtly. "Even if you're one of the oldest people here mentally, let me remind you that I am centuries older than you, you're just someone with immortal blood and creation. Even with that, I'm going to outlive everyone here."
"Okay, I won't tell anyone, but they're going to find out sooner or later." Wu said, stepping back and holding his hands up.

"We'll see about that." I grumbled, ready to walk off but was stopped.
"Why haven't you attacked us by now? Wouldn't that have already happened?"

I paused, unsure. I hadn't felt the instinct to destroy or raze everything to the ground in ages, I guess maybe it was from being among the people of Ninjago for years and never going out to change into my true form that often.

"I'm not sure....I've been in Ninjago for a few centuries ever since I somehow fell from here..." I admitted. "Though I remember when I fell I was dazed and confused.....I burnt an entire field sheep to the ground....along with the farm house and everything on the property...."

"Oh...." Wu replied, drawing his hand away.

"I don't remember killing anything since then, maybe attacking things but never went out to kill someone." I replied quietly. ".....I don't want to talk about this anymore...."