Chapter 21

I looked over to see Jay tapping the pencil I managed to smuggle out to him against his cheek, staring at a piece of paper with a few pencil strokes over it.

Looking around, I wandered near, not past the fence that was keeping the three ninja in.

"How's the blueprints coming along?" I asked, looking around in case if any hunter happened to walk by.

"Almost done I think, I've designed the blueprints to Cole's measurements so I think this will work with the amount of metal we'll be able to smuggle out of here." Jay replied, scribbling some more before picking the piece of paper up. "Done!"
"Great, put it with the trailer where Wu is." I whispered.

He nodded and swiftly folded the paper before slipping it on top of some of the dung before Kai covered it with some more.

'I ain't grabbing that out from there.' I thought as I watched Wu walk away with the full trailer to outside of the camp where I knew Cole would be waiting for the instructions.

I stood there for a little while longer before seeing a hunter walk over.
"Dangerbuff! You can have a break, I'll take the next shift!" They said.
I nodded and let them take my place, sending the three a glance before walking off.

———

The next few days was mainly smuggling scraps of metal and tools with the help of the three who put them into the cart of dragon dung.

Eventually we had enough metal to start making the dragon according to the blueprints and that took a couple of days to get done.
And now it was finally finished, it didn't look too charming, but it looks like it possibly could do the job.

"We did it." Cole said, putting his hands on his hips.
"But will it fly?" Wu asked, looking between the two of us.
"Only one way to find out." Cole replied, climbing into the seat. "Could you give it a push?"

Both Wu and I put our hands on the back of the machine before giving it a big push down the hill we were testing it at.

Cole started peddling and travelling down the hill, both Wu and I running alongside it to keep pace. He was going fast, but it seemed there was no way of it getting into the air.

"Faster! Faster!" Wu cried.
"I am!" Cole replied back, continuing to pedal.
"Pedal harder!" I suggested.
"What do you think I'm doing?!" Cole replied, looking at the two of us with a 'really?' face.

Until he crashed into a rock that was in the way.
"Cole!" Both Wu and I cried, rushing over to the machine.

———

"It won't fly." Wu said as we walked over to where the other three were, walking around in a circle pushing a weird contraption.

"It has to!" Jay replied in a slight panic.
"I'm too heavy, maybe your calculations were a bit off." Cole suggested.
"I designed it to your measurements. Have you gained weight?"
Cole gasped dramatically. "I have given up cake and my body is a temple." He stated, pulling a pose, making me roll my eyes.

"Cole...." Jay said in a warning tone.
"I can fly it." Wu piped up, stopping whatever was going to happen between the two.
"Your legs won't even reach the pedals." Cole said, dismissing the idea.
"Nah, I think he's onto something." I replied, nodding slightly.

"And it's easier to grow a little than lose a lot." Wu replied, patting Cole's stomach.
"Hey!"

———

Now it was nightfall and Iron Baron was preparing for the air dragon feast. I was hanging around the area, keeping an eye out for the ninja and any keys in case we needed them to get them while Wu and Cole went to fly the mech.