Chapter 19

I paced around the fire, it was getting dark and neither Cole or Wu had came back from getting food.
I was getting worried, what if a dragon had caught them or something.

'Calm down (Y/n), they could just be lost or on their way back now.' I told myself firmly.
I looked over to where Jay sat, staring at a piece of wood and moving it around occasionally, randomly saying things like "yes" or "new high score!"

"No sign of Cole." Kai said as he walked over from making torches with his elemental power. "Or Wu for that matter."
Zane didn't reply as he was focused on the radio.

Kai cleared his throat before looking over to Jay. "So, watcha doing Jay?"
"It's my new video game console, I built it myself." He replied before frowning. "Awwww!"
I raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

"Uhhh...huh." Kai replied before looking over to Zane, who signed a crazy sign near his head before the screen to the radio turned on suddenly.
"Is it working?" Kai asked excitedly.
'No, it's broken.' I thought sarcastically.

"It's working!" Zane cried happily.
"Really? Jay! Do you believe it?"
I rolled my eyes before shrugging and walking closer to the radio.
"Ain't no video game console with unlimited plays." Jay replied back, too absorbed in his 'game'.

Kai, Zane and I exchanged glances before Zane fiddled with a couple of things to get a stronger signal and heard some static.
"You hear that?" Kai asked, putting his ear closer to the radio.

"In place." A broken voice said from the radio.
"Is it a message?" Jay asked.
"Yo mah goat."
'What?'

"From Ninjago?" Jay asked again, now having put down the 'console'.
"What?" I said, looking down at the radio confused.
"Have mark. Whaled it."
"It doesn't sound like it's coming from Ninjago." Zane pointed out. "It's possible we've intercepted a transmission originating from the silent."

"What do you think it is?" I asked, a little confused.
"Oni?" Jay suggested.
I shook my head. "Doubt it, Oni are said to have more demonic like voices."
"Mark 2. Waylay now!"

"Who's 'Mark'?" Kai said. "And...what's a waylay?"
"A mark is another way of saying target, and a waylay is an ambush." Explained Zane.
"Ambush?" I asked before it clicked. "They're talking about us!"

We were silent for a second before it came crashing down onto us.

"We need to get out of here!" Kai shouted, waving the torch in his hand around since it was a bit too foggy to see.
"Where?" Jay asked in alarm, looking around nervously.
"Anywhere!" Kai replied before running down the ramp with me and Zane behind him.

We stopped to hear a faint sound of an engine as well as some lights in the distance before a dagger was thrown towards us, embedding itself into the bounty.

"Run!" Kai yelled before we started to run away from whatever was after us.

We started to run up a hill, brushing past grass and reeds, the engine sounds and bright lights coming closer to us as we ran.

"Where are they?" Kai asked as we ran, looking around.
"I don't have a visual." Zane replied before there was the clink of chains and Zane let out a cry.
We turned to see Zane being pulled back by some sort of force before disappearing into the fog.

"Zane!" Jay cried as we continued to run, not wanting to be caught.
There was a thud behind me and I saw Jay tied with a chain, being pulled back slowly.

I ran back and grabbed his hands to stop him from getting pulled back. I pulled with all of my might but I could feel his hands slowly slipping from mine.
"Don't let go." I said but a large tug from the chain caused him to slip away and disappear.