Chapter 29

"Wow, it looks just like how it did before it got destroyed." I commented as I looked around the new bounty.

"Yeah, apparently someone had collected the blueprints for the design and the townspeople made it as a token of thanks." Zane said, "they nailed every last detail."

Apparently there was something happening in Ninjago and we were going to investigate, just waiting for everyone to get on.

"Okay, everyone's here, full speed ahead!" Lloyd ordered to Nya who was standing at the control panel.
The ship suddenly lurched backwards, causing me to stumble over and painfully hit my chin on the floor.
"I said forwards not backwards!" Lloyd said, looking at Nya.

"Sorry, someone must've wired it wrong." Nya replied before flipping a switch and we started moving forwards to the city.
The closer we got, the stronger a sense of dread loomed over me.

This can't be good.
We got closer to the city and I looked to see the city slowly being engulfed in a black cloud.

Oh no.

They're here.

"Guys? I'm getting a lot of distress calls from UHM." Zane said from his spot near a bunch of monitors.

"We're too late..." Cole mumbled, staring at the city.
"Is there any way to speed this up?!" I asked Nya.

"Everybody hold on!" She cried as I quickly grabbed a hold of a railing before she pressed a button, making the bounty go faster towards the city.

We hovered over the city, just out of the reach of the cloud, looking for anyone in trouble.
"There's policemen stuck in a circle of the weird cloud, let's get them." I heard Lloyd say.

I whipped my head over to see the ninja climbing down ladders, towards the cloud, remembering one tiny detail that no one knew.

The cloud would be immune to the ninja's elements, going in there as a mortal was practically a death wish.

"Wait guys!" I called but they didn't hear me, "do they have radios?"
Nya nodded and handed me one.

"Guys!" I said into the radio, hearing the ninja helping the officers up.
"What is it (Y/n)?" Jay asked as I saw the officers trying to get up.
I went over and helped them aboard the bounty. "The cloud is immune to the elements, you don't have a chance against it."

"Well now we know that, fall back!" Lloyd instructed, the five of them staring to climb up the ladders themselves.
I watched from the top, noticing a cloudy tendril slowly heading towards Cole's foot as he climbed.

"Cole, watch out!" I cried, sending a small blast of destructive energy towards the tendril.
It struck the tendril, making it recoil away but allowed Cole to get up safely.

"It-it touched me!" Cole panicked. "It felt so cold..."
"You're alright now." I reassured him.

"We need to save anymore survivors!" Lloyd instructed, and we went off to look for more survivors.

———

I walked around on the deck, offering anyone some water or snacks.

We spent the last couple of hours getting anyone we could out of Ninjago, but I still knew that there were thousands in Ninjago that were stuck and had succumbed to the darkness.

I looked across the city, it was completely covered in the dark cloud, except for the skyscrapers that just peaked out from it.

I felt guilty, I was at a loss of how to stop it, I only knew that destruction possibly could work, but this entire cloud was made out of destructive energy, so who knew if it would actually work.