Chapter 9

I stood up, picking up the empty plates that everyone had forgotten about and took them to the kitchen before returning.

I sat back down and leant my head on my hand as the ninja were aimlessly staring at the map for hours for the entire day.

I obviously knew what the map was about (since I was the one who drew it), but was I going to reveal it to them?

Nope.

They're smart enough and I wasn't going to risk my identity or accidental exposure.

"I don't get it." Kai piped up, "why was the baby wrapped up in a map?"
"I don't know, maybe they didn't have any diapers either." Cole suggested as he cradled Wu in his arms, who wasn't crying thankfully.

Since the map was printed on his blanket, we had managed to get a spare blanket to wrap him in instead

"This part here looks like it could be a central part of Ninjago." Harumi pointed out, pointing to a place on the map.
"And the X, do you think the third Oni mask could be hidden there?" Nya suggested, pointing to the 'X' I had drawn on the map.

'What else would be hiding there?' I thought, raising an eyebrow. 'I was the one who drew it for goodness sake.'

"Primeval's Eye." Lloyd said, standing up. "My mother used to tell me about this place, it's an uncharted vast wilderness of death. Her friend, an archeologist, think his name was Dr. Yost, he had gone into it to map the area, but never returned."

"I don't wanna say it, but it sounds like the perfect place to hide something you don't want anyone to find." Nya said.

'Well duh, that's why we hid it there in the first place, Sherlock.' I thought.
"Come here you little sucker." Jay said, trying to stab a meatball with his fork, but stabbed Kai's hand instead.

"Ouch!" Yelped Kai while Cole covered Wu's eyes from the scene.
"Ooh sorry, I didn't mean to-" Jay apologised but was cut off by Kai.
"Don't, just don't." He growled before the table went silent.

"What are you feeding him?" Nya asked Cole, seeing him holding a blue teacup to the baby's lips.
"Tea." He simply replied.
"Tea?! You can't feed a baby tea!" Nya cried while the baby laughed.
"Why not? He likes it, he won't drink anything else." Cole pointed out, giving Wu some more tea.

"Ha! Got ya! Who's laughing now meatball?" Jay said triumphantly, holding the fork with the meatball on the end up.
I giggled before the lights shut off and the ship started wobbling.
"What happened to the lights?" Kai asked in the darkness.

I blinked, my eyes quickly adjusting with my night vision ability, everyone was sprawled on the floor.

"Get to the bridge, quick." Lloyd said as he stood up along with the others as we rushed out of the room.
I shot a glance to Harumi, who looked at me with a slight smirk across her face before going back to a worried look.

We all crowded into the room where Zane was, the power being shut off.
"Pixal what's happening? Pixal, come in!" Lloyd asked, waiting for a reply but it never came.
"Must be a power failure." Kai suggested.
"Or it's a trap!" Jay input.
"Freaking out isn't going to help us." Cole said calmly, trying to keep everyone on track.

"Jay might be right, the backup generator would've kicked in, this is something else." Nya said, agreeing with Jay.

"Emergency, emergency." Pixal warned coming back online as a siren started blaring.
"What's happened Pixal?" Lloyd asked.
"I'm detecting a foreign presence that has been introduced in my system." She said.
"Foreign? What are you talking about?"