Chapter 3

I waited outside the library, fiddling with my notebook in my hands, I knew that everyone was in their place when I gave the signal, to prove that these people could be the ninja force.
Of course I had my doubts, this group could just be a group of teenagers, not the ninja force, but I  needed to somehow get inside the group.
"Hey! You!" I heard behind me, seeing Ginger and around 5 others walking towards me.
"Oh, hello." I replied with a grin, now I just needed to signal the others at the right time.

"So I don't think we formally introduced each other." Ginger said before introducing everyone and them himself.
"Well nice to meet you, Jay." I replied. "I'm (Y/n). So shall we go in?"

Everyone nodded and we walked into the library, finding a secluded table that we could all fit around.
"So, what does anyone need to know?" I asked, putting down my notebook. "Some things aren't too clear for me at the moment, but I know a few things about the Oni."
It was a white lie, but I couldn't come across as someone who knew absolutely anything and everything about a subject out of coincidence.

They asked a few questions, which I happily replied with what I knew, kind of jumbling the facts a little.
"Isn't it kind of coincidental?" Nya, a girl with her black hair in a ponytail asked.
"What is?" Kai asked, looking at her.
"I mean we just recently got this...project on Ninjago's history and we just somehow found someone with the knowledge to help us." She explained, making the rest look at me.
I shrugged. "I just started looking into the Oni and the history surrounding them for fun, and it became pretty interesting to me. It's more of a coincidence that I found some people interested into the whole thing." I replied, lying through my teeth.

Everyone nodded in agreement as we continued on. I discreetly slipped out my phone and messaged UV to tell her that it was time to get the plan into action.
I was about to speak before a smoke bomb was thrown onto the table, exploding and making everyone cough, including me.

As I waved away the smoke, I saw that the table was empty apart from me.
"Uh, guys?" I asked before feeling someone grab the cuff of my shirt.
"Well, well, well, look who we have here." UV said with a laugh.
"Let me go!" I cried, "trying" to get her hand off me, playing along with her.

"I don't think so! The Quiet One knows about you, and you're gonna help them!" UV replied with a cackle.
"You can't make me!" I replied firmly before a flash of red entered my vision.
I felt the grip on my shirt leave me as UV was knocked away.

I jumped away to see UV facing off against the red ninja and a hand being placed on my shoulder. I flinched and turned around to see the grey ninja looking at me.
"Come on, we can get out of here this way." She said, pulling me aside before a couple of goons slid in front of us.
She defeated them with ease and we were almost out before UV called off the attack, but pointed towards me.

"Your pretty face will help us sooner or later!" She yelled out in a cackle before letting off another smoke bomb and running out of the library with the rest of the people.
Aww, she thinks I'm pretty?

The smoke cleared away as I stood there shaking, it wasn't out of fear more like the adrenaline from the whole ordeal, now I had to see if this small stunt worked.

"Everyone alright?" The black ninja asked other people who was in the library as well as he came over to us.
"Are you okay (Y/n)?" The blue ninja asked.

I nodded before furrowing my brow and slowly looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "I don't think I told you my name. Have we met?"

I saw the others share a glance or shake their heads at Jay.
I shrugged. "It's no big deal, but I guess I should go home...the people I was with before seem to have ditched me." I said with a huff, walking over to the table to grab my notebook, but nothing was there.

"My notebook!" I cried, getting onto my hands and knees to look under the table and around it. "They must have taken it!"

'Yeah, they did because I asked them to.'

I stood up and grabbed my face with a groan. "That had all of my notes and information in it!"

I felt a hand gently placing itself on my shoulder as the white ninja came up to me.
"Do you mind if we take this somewhere a little more, private?" He asked me gently.
I shook my head. "I don't mind."

I grinned to myself as he turned, the plan seemed to be going smoothly.

———

We had left the library and, following the ninja, came to a huge boat in the air and climbed up to it.

"Holy shit. This is huge." I said in awe, looking around as the ninja spoke to each other in hushed tones.

"(Y/n)." I heard them call, making me turn around to see them all looking at me.

"Yeah?"
"So we have agreed, that you're probably a target of some sort regarding to the information you know and proven by the attack at the library, that it would be best for you to stay with us for extra caution until this whole thing blows over." The green ninja explained.

'Yes! My plan worked!'

I nodded my head slowly. "Would I be able to grab some items from home though?"
He nodded. "Yes, we'll have a ninja accompany you."

"Alright." I replied. "But, who are all of you exactly?"

They looked between each other before one of them nodded and they pulled off their masks.
"You're the group from the library?" I asked, a little shocked that my random guess was correct.
They all nodded.
"So I guess learning about the Oni is not a school project then?"
They shook their head.

"Okay, cool." I said with a shrug. "Can I grab some stuff then?"

Lloyd nodded. "Jay, can you accompany her?"
"Sure." He said, walking over to me. "Let's go."

———

I was shown a spare room I could stay in, a small bed in the corner with some shelves next to it along with another bed and shelves on the other side, with a bathroom connected to it.

As Jay and I went to my "house" I discreetly messaged E to send some coordinates to an apartment or house that wasn't being used.

He sent the address and we went there, Jay opting to wait outside while I grabbed my things.

I slipped into the shadows and found myself in my room back at the base, quickly grabbing a duffel bag and shoving anything I thought I needed.

"So, your plan worked I see." UV said, leaning against the doorframe.
"Yes, thank you for helping out." I said. "I owe you one."
"Yeah you do." She replied.
"Do you think I'm pretty?" I asked with a playful grin.

She shot me a deadpanned glare. "It was to add to the act, and so what if I do?"
"Aww, you're sweet." I cooed, stepping to the side to dodge the forked sai that was thrown at me. "Well gotta go, good luck."

I sent her a grin and blew her a kiss as I disappeared into the shadows with my bag back to the apartment. I opened the door to see Jay still standing there, but looked at me as I cleared my throat.
"I'm ready." I said, showing the bag.

He nodded and I got a quick glance at his eyes, damn they're bright.
"Well, let's go then."

Word count: 1335 words