Chapter 32

I ran, wincing slightly as I put pressure on my feet, sensing a mortal had entered the cloud, depending on where they were it could be dangerous. They would inevitably succumb to the darkness and become a frozen statue but the time limit varied if inside a building or out in the open...or if an Oni got to them first.

I warped before finding myself outside a building, which I found to be the news tower. Thankfully there were no Oni around...yet.

I walked around the side before coming to a set of glass doors with a person moving inside in a panic.
I knocked on the glass and the person looked to where I was standing, revealing it to be a panicked Cole, before I warped inside.

"Get away from me!" He yelled in a panic, holding up his fists as he scrambled back.
"Woah woah, hold on a second." I said defensively, before realising I was still fully transformed. "Oh..."
I felt myself shrink a little as I went to my half transformed form and heard Cole breath a huge sigh of relief.
"Thank god, it was just you."
"Sorry for the scare." I apologised.

"(Y/n), you're alright!" Cole said in a relived tone. "We thought you were...um...Jay was worried about you...."
I smiled to myself before waving it off. "I know but I don't want to talk about it. What happened to you? How did you end up in here?"
"We received a distress call shortly after Lloyd's camera cut out from here and rescued the survivors...but I fell off a ladder and ended up here." He explained before looking at a remote in his hands. "I have something that could get us out of here, but it's broken and I'm running out of time..."

He looked nervously at the clouds that were trying to get in before I started to clear an area for him to be able to fix whatever he needed to fix.

Cole started to rummage through draws in the desks before triumphantly holding up a pair of scissors. "Ha! Let's see if we can get this working again."

I watched with mild interest as he opened the back of a remote before groaning. "Come on, I'm not a microtronics guy."
He started to toy with cables in the remote while muttering to himself. "Where's Nya, Zane, Pixal or Jay when you need them? Some more light would be nice..."
I wordlessly summoned a small ball of energy, the light being feeble but it did brighten the area around us a little.

"Thanks....please work, please work, please work, please work." Cole thanked before continuing fixing the remote.
The remote flashed green and let out a beep as Cole pulled away the scissors. "Yes!"

He picked up the remote and pressed the button before running to the glass, trying to see out of it. "Did it work? Where is it? I can't see anything." He muttered.

"So what are we looking for?" I asked, looking out the window, seeing Cole flinch.
"Oh, sorry, forgot you were here for a second as well." He replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "The remote summons the Earth Driller, a vehicle that can get us back to the others."
"All good." I replied before seeing a faint silhouette in the distance, growing larger before it revealed to be some sort of vehicle with a giant drill attached to the front of it. "Is that it?"

"Yes it is! Woo!" Cole cried in happiness as the vehicle parked in front of the building.
"Okay, so the next thing we have to worry about is getting you out to the vehicle. You would most likely freeze, given that you're a mortal." I said, trying to figure out a way.

"Screw it! I'm going!" Cole declared before kicking the door open.
"Cole wait!" I cried, but he had already pulled his mask on and was running towards the driller.
"Ninjagoooo-" He cried, starting to do Spinjitzu but cut himself off as he fell to the ground and started to cough.

I ran out, knowing he didn't have much time until he froze, and picked him up.
"You idiot, you are going to seriously hurt yourself if you keep on acting like that." I scolded as I made my way over to the driller.