Chapter 24

(Jay's P.O.V)

"Who's they?" I asked as she looked around with a growl.
I was confused, why was she acting this way?

She turned around and I stumbled back, her eyes, they were a bright shade of purple, why?

"My family." She growled and black filled my vision.
I felt myself being pulled away by someone as a feral growl echoed throughout the stronghold as I processed what she just said.

What did she mean by her family?

A large gust of wind swept through the area, slamming the gate shut and extinguishing torches. I dropped the stick and brought out my weapon, staring at the black dot a few feet away from us.
"Guys, what's happening?" I heard Cole ask uncertainly as the void slowly grew smaller.

No one replied, I mean, no one really knew what the hell was happening.

The void disappeared and revealed a slouching figure where (Y/n) had stood, too hard to be distinguished from the lack of light.
"(Y/n)?" I asked, looking at it before the area lit up with light.

Anywhere fire would have once been, purple flames bathing the area with a menacing glow.

The figure straightened, staring right at us with it's purple eyes surveying us carefully.
The figure had fanged teeth, purple, gold and white markings on it's face, standing out against the rich black colour, glowing eyes, long, wild, untamed jet black hair, and horns. It's horns cruelly twisted up into the sky before curling around at the end. It was truly a terrible, evil sight.

"Where did (Y/n) go?" Kai asked in a whisper as we stared at it, unsure what to do.
"I think, this is (Y/n)." I replied in a shaky voice.

"Oni!" Faith cried. "What are you doing just standing there?!"
She ran over, drawing her weapon and went to strike, jumping up with her sword held between her hands but was knocked away like a rag doll.

(Y/n) let out a snarl before going to pounce on us, but we quickly moved out of the way.
"Get out of here." She snarled, her voice surrounded by dozens of other voices, as she went to slash at Zane.

Zane jumped back and let out a blast of ice, freezing the demon to the ground by the legs and one of her arms.
"Fool." (Y/n) growled, the arm that was free lighting up with purple flames, almost melting the ice instantly before she sent a blast of fire in his direction.

That must be how she got out from Zane's ice before, back when we disrupted the ceremony.

I saw Faith unsheathe her sword and nodded to me before starting to step behind (Y/n) while I sent a spark of electricity towards the demon.
Faith leapt towards her, but she whirled around and stopped her in midair before flinging her somewhere into the stronghold, before focusing on Cole who had struck her with his weapon.

I hung back, I didn't know what to do, I knew my power wouldn't be of any affect on her.
"Jay! Help us out here!" Kai yelled as he hurled a fireball at (Y/N).
She caught it with ease, the flames turning purple and flinging it back at me, where I just managed to dodge it. An idea popped into my head.

"What if we do the Tornado of Creation?!" I suggested as I stood up.
"Look, we're powerless against her, she's an ancient evil! Who do you think will win?" Cole pointed out.
"We can just try!" I cried.

"It only worked when we had our golden weapons!"
"But when we did that, Kai didn't have his sword!" Cole said.
"But the three of us still had our weapons! It won't work!" Zane replied.

Now I was lost, that was my only idea.

What do I do, what do I do? WHAT. DO. I. DO?

I was brought into reality as I just noticed (Y/n) pounce towards me, knocking me down to the ground with a grunt.