Chapter 17

I stood to the side as everyone else prepared to ride out to the city and establish Lord Garmadon's reign. I was ready myself and waiting for the slowpokes that took forever to get ready.

As I looked around I felt that weird twist in my gut, why was it that after spending some time with the ninja, I was second-guessing my choice in joining the S.O.G?

I've been part of the group for at least three years now, I knew that their end goal was to revive Lord Garmadon and helped them to locate all of the Oni masks that I had used in my days of the war.

Why was I fine with everything they did back then, but now it just felt wrong or like too much overkill?

I never knew that we were somehow going to rule the city, hell I wasn't entirely sure why they wanted to revive Garmadon from the dead to be honest, I thought it would've been weird to ask so many questions and just went along with it since at that time I was merely a member.

Part of me knew that this was wrong and that I should leave this......group as soon as possible, but another part of me was against it, I've been with them for so long that it would feel stupid to leave.

Besides if I left, where would I go? The ninja knew who I was and wouldn't trust me straight away and the S.O.G wouldn't let me back in if I left.

I would be alone.

"Shifter! Come on! We're leaving." UV called to me, bringing me out of my thoughts.
"Right." I replied as I got onto my bike, it had been brought over by a few members that managed to escape police custody and fled to the base.

I revved the engine and put on my helmet before following the group out of Kryptarium Prison.

———

We had stopped at a small village on the outskirts of Ninjago, surrounding it, Harumi wanted Garmadon to showcase his new powers to display his authority.

For now a lone man wearing a helmet holding a sword walked out to meet us.
"We're good people, we have nothing to give you." He said.
"Your village is surrounded, kneel before your new emperor." Harumi ordered, moving slightly out of the way for Garmadon to show himself.

"We will never kneel. Our people have already taken up arms, we will fight if need be!"
Garmadon growled. "Taken up arms?" He said, showing his four arms.
The man cowered and held the sword up, taking a few steps back.

"These people know not of your power, my Emperor, show them, show all of Ninjago how to kneel." Harumi said to Garmadon with a grin.
Garmadon's dark aura flared up on him, purple flames, as multiple rocks flew up, joining together to create something huge.

I watched what he was creating, a familiar rock monster that I hadn't seen in centuries.

A Colossus.

Made up of rocks and dark energy, able to destroy villages and towns in a few steps. I remember the time when I encountered one, it wan't very pleasant.

The man watched in terror as the monster towered above all of us, only able to obey Garmadon's command and control.
"P-please.......forgive us..." the man apologised, kneeling and putting the sword down, "Emperor Garmadon."

My mouth felt dry as I watched a few members chuckle or snicker to themselves of this victory, the ninja needed to know what was coming for them.

'Wait- no, it's not your problem to warn the ninja, you have nothing to do with them and either way they won't trust me.' I told myself firmly as I saw Harumi walking over.

"Shifter, I need you to see what shape the ninja are in, if they are in a rough shape then we have a better chance to take over the city." Harumi instructed me. "I'll take your bike with me."