Chapter 22

"Ughhhhhhh...." I groaned as I lifted my head up from the hard ground, we made camp after walking for what seemed like forever and I was out like a light, not caring if the ground was hard and cold.

I guess I was paying the price for that as I stretched, letting out a sight of relief as I did.

"Well, well, well, looks who's up." I heard Kai say and looked over to see the ninja staring at a guy a little younger than our age who was still waking up.
"And look who has longer legs." Cole commented. "Even if I'm saying that out loud it sounds super weird right?"
"Well with his odd-ment of a growth cycle, it's normal for a young teenager." Zane pointed out.

"A teenager? Now we're really in for it." Jay groaned.
"Uhh Jay, we're still teenagers." I pointed out as I stood up and walked over to the group and looked at the boy.
"Yeah, but grown up teenagers." Jay defended.

Hold on, was that Wu? Damn.

"Holy shit, you grew up fast." I commented, taking a seat around the fire the others were sitting at.
Just last night he was a sassy kid, now he was more leaning into the young adult territory, his hair now long enough to be tied in a man bun.

Wu stood up and walked closer to the fire, taking a seat opposite me and looked up, locking eyes.

He seemed to freeze for a second and I felt my senses being bombarded with Oni presence, I don't think I registered it at first as I woke up, but he had both the Oni and Dragon presence wafting off him.

I don't know how I didn't notice when he was still a kid.

His brows furrowed as we looked at each other, I knew he could sense me for what I really was, and probably was questioning it.

We stared at each other for a little longer until I ripped my gaze away as Zane offered me a stick with some sort of meat skewered on it. I took it with a thanks and held it above the fire, still feeling Wu's eyes boring into me.

"What is wrong, young master Wu?" I heard Zane ask, making everyone look at him.
I silently pleaded not to ask about me as I looked over, but saw him cradling his head with his hand.

"I-I had a dream." He said hazily. "I was fishing with my father."
"The first Spinjitzu maser?" Jay asked excitedly, making me roll my eyes.
"And my brother was there...."

I was interested in this development, but checked the skewer to see it was mostly cooked before starting to eat the meat.

"His memories are coming back." Cole said in a slightly relieved voice.
"Do you remember anything else?" Kai asked gently. "Anything your father said?"
"Yeah, he said-" Wu started, but was cut off as a rusted knife barely missed us.

I looked at it and gulped, there was only one group of people who used rusted equipment.

Everyone stood up, holding makeshift weapons while I feebly held the stick in my hands, not wanting to expose myself.

Show yourself!" Cole demanded.
"There's no escape! You're my prisoners now!" A very familiar voice called from the distance before walking closer, revealing to be Heavy Metal.

How did he find us?

Cole pushed Wu behind us as we stepped in front of him.
"What do you want?" Cole asked, holding out his weapon as a threat.
"Is it true?" The hunter asked.
"Is what true?"

"What  you said, that he is the son of the First Spinjitzu Master? Is this true?" He asked, pointing at Wu.
"Don't tell him anything, you remember what happened when they found out about our powers." Kai said in a low voice.
"I can hear you!" Heavy Metal said, firing another rusted knife near Cole's foot.