Chapter 7

I groaned as I woke up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes to check the time, 11:47am.

I guess I slept in from last nights events, but man I was starving.

I lifted myself up off the mattress, leaving it's warm embrace, and put on some slippers before leaving the room to find the kitchen.
Harumi wasn't in the room so I guess she was probably with the others.

They would probably be worrying about Cole since he was captured and where Zane was since the night before.

I decided I'll find something to eat then check up back at base to see if they have any headway with anything.

I guess I wasn't paying attention where I was going because I made contact with something coming the other way, making me stumble and fall.

Quick hands managed to grab me before I fell to the floor and I looked up to meet electric blue eyes with a face full of freckles.

I felt my cheeks slightly heat up as I stared at the lightning ninja before catching myself.
"Oh, sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I said, putting on the facade.
"It's alright, glad I caught you there." Jay replied, putting me back onto my feet.
"T-thanks, I was just looking for something to eat." I said, inwardly questioning why I stuttered.

"We have food in the kitchen! I can lead you there." Jay offered with a shrug.
"Yes please!" I replied with a grin.

I followed him down the hallway and into a kitchen, where Jay went over to the fridge and opened it.
"We have some left over pizza from last night a little after you went to bed early, I can heat that up for you if you want."
"Yes please." I replied, looking around. "Hey, could I make a coffee?"
"Yeah, we have stuff for that in the third overhead cupboard and a kettle in a cupboard in the bottom." Jay replied, putting the pizza onto a plate.

I grabbed a mug and threw in some coffee along with other things before looking for the kettle.
"So what happened last night?" I asked as I looked for the appliance supposed to help with a caffeinated beverage.

"Zane and Cole followed a lead to where Sons of Garmadon members hung out and found out two of the three generals and one high ranking member's names. Mr E, Ultra Violet and Shifter." Jay explained.
I felt myself freeze for a second, they found out about me? Crud.
"Then Cole got captured by them and Zane managed to infiltrate their base which is where he currently is. The others are trying to figure out a plan."

So that's where Zane went, he made Cole a distraction to somehow blend in with the others to get inside. I have to warn someone.

I eventually found the kettle but alongside it was a bright blue teapot, there was a faint Oni presence coming from it.
I carefully picked it up out of the cupboard to examine it but as soon as I lifted it up, Jay took it out of my hands.

"Sorry, we don't use that one." He said as he put it back with a solemn face and grabbing the kettle.
"Oh, why?" I asked as he filled it up with water and put it on the boil.
"It was our sensei's teapot...before he got lost in a time stream." He explained, turning around. "Usually he would give us guidance as what to do now, but with him lost....we don't have that kind of help anymore."

I tilted my head and looked at him with pity, the scenario heavily reminding me of when I was with the Oni, an eternity before this.
"I understand." I said, making him look up.
"Pardon?"
"I understand how it feels like to have lost someone close to you.....I can see that you all care for each other even though you're technically aren't family. Yeah it can be hard getting separated or loosing someone that close....but in the end it's a part of life." I said, looking out a window with a frown.