Ending 2

I considered my options, I could stay myself.... but I had the chance to be normal for once, not having to worry about who I was or anything of the sort.

"Could I be normal...without being an Oni?" I asked and the First Spinjitzu Master nodded with a smile.

"You can...though over time you'll forget about this meeting..." He replied before a soft grey light filled my vision.

(Jay's P.O.V)

I pushed off the large planks of wood that had fallen across me, wincing slightly as I did from bruises.

I looked around, I could see a few people looking around groggily, but I was mainly looking around for a certain person.

(Y/n).

I eventually saw what I think was her arm sticking out from underneath some wood.

'Oh no.' I thought in alarm and stood up and quickly made my way over to where I saw her hand sticking out before lifting off the wood.

Her eyes were closed as she lay there, a couple of bruises dotting her arms.

I moved more wood out of the way before checking her pulse, breathing a sigh of relief as I felt it beating.

"(Y/n)?" I asked hesitantly, not seeing her stir or respond.

'She must be out cold then.' I thought as I looked at her.

She seemed peaceful as she lay there, faint markings making their way up her arms and on her face. Her horns would appear dark when looking at them first, but if you look at them closely, intricate marks and details could be seen.

I smiled to myself, waiting for her to wake up until...grey smoke...started to rise off her??

'Is she on fire?!' I thought to myself in alarm, about to get Nya until I noticed her horns starting to grow smaller.

"Oh thank goodness, she's not on fire." I muttered to myself but watched in curiosity.

She shrunk slightly, her fangs and claws retracting as well as the horns disappearing and the markings fading away, any indication that she was an Oni going away.

Soon the smoke dissipated and she lay there before her eyelid twitched.

She slowly opened her eyes, starting to sit up, almost falling down before I caught her and held her up.

"Where...? Huh..?" She mumbled, looking around in slight confusion.

"You alright?" I asked hesitantly.

"But....I was- I met.....The First Spinjitzu Master....was here..." She said in a daze, brow furrowing.

"I think you may have hit your head a little hard...The First Spinjitzu Master is dead." I replied, helping her stand up, allowing her to lean on me for support.

"Wait- he-..." She mumbled before holding out her hand.

I looked at her hand before back to her as nothing happened.

"Was something supposed to happen?" I asked.

"No fire...no energy..." She muttered before her eyes widened.

"You alright there?"

"Oh, sorry." She apologised, seeming to be out of her dazed state. "I remember seeing someone when I was unconscious..."

"Yeah...?" I replied.

"They said I could have a chance to be a normal person....and I took it..."

A smile slowly formed on her face as it sunk in before she pulled me into a hug, which I returned.

"I can be normal for once..." She muttered happily.

———

(Y/n)'s P.O.V)

I clapped along with the others as the last handprint was added to the new symbol of destiny.

I have to admit, it took a little while to get used to not being an Oni anymore since there were times where I relied on my powers for things like getting to places quicker.

But walking and running isn't that bad every once in a while.

The Oni were gone, Ninjago was at peace for now.

Everything was right in the world.

I can't wait for the future.

The End

Word count: 647 words