Chapter 28

I walked down the streets of Ninjago City, confused.

Why was the sky a dark shade of purple? Why were the people I walked by frozen in time with screams of terror on their faces as they ran away from something?

The people were familiar, all of them I had met at some point in time. Mistaké, Ultra Violet, Mr E, Harumi, Killow, the ninja, Wu, Garmadon, Faith, the dragon hunters...but why?

"What happened to you?" I asked no one in particular, reaching out to stroke Jay's cheek but did a double take when I saw my arm.

Since when was I in my Oni form?
I checked, the markings, claws, fangs and horns were there, but why was I like this?

So many questions and very little answers.

"I'll be back." I whispered before continuing down the street.
Before I could take another step, laughter echoed around me before I pinpointed the source to be above me.

I took a step back as I saw one of the Oni leaders, The Omega, towering over Borgs Tower with a sinister grin.

"What's going on?" I demanded.
"Thanks to you we were able to conquer Ninjago, the sixteen realms will be ours!" It replied with a laugh.
"What?" I asked, turning around to look at the others, but the streets were empty.
"I must say, you were the one who did most of the work, I just got to sit back and watch as you destroyed your friends."

I felt my stomach drop, did I really do this? I was the one who doomed Ninjago?

"NO!" I cried, starting to run.

I had no destination in mind, I just wanted to get away, looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was following me.

But that was a bad idea as the ground disappeared from beneath me, darkness swallowing me as I fell.

I looked around fearfully, I couldn't see anything but darkness.
It felt like falling in water, but I could still breathe, maybe if I could somehow swim out of here.

I kicked my leg but felt something wrap around it and looked down to see tendrils of black smoke creeping up it.
I struggled, trying to kick it off, but more came out from the darkness, wrapping around my body and pulling me down.

I screamed.

———

I woke up in a cold sweat, clutching to the sheets tightly. I looked around but saw I was in my bed in my room in the monastery, no deep dark hole.
It was still dark but thanks to my night vision I could see things clearly than a normal person.

Taking a few deep breaths I calmed down, it was just a nightmare.

But it was so sudden, what did it mean?

It had been six months since the end of Lord Garmadon's reign of terror, him and the Sons of Garmadon were locked up for good in Kryptarium Prison. I found that not only Mistaké was dead, but Harumi had perished as well when a building collapsed while she was inside, Lloyd witnessed it.

The city was getting back onto it's feet, the ninja and I helping out with the reconstruction of what had been destroyed, it was nearly finished.

Jay and I had been working on our relationship and were officially a couple, it was nice...
(When I push away the fact that I'll be alive when he's dead that is.)

I remember after Garmadon had been arrested, Lloyd pulled me and Wu aside and told us what his father told him. He said that my kind, the darkness, was coming. And nothing would be left once they do. It put the rest of us on alert, but nothing happened after a few months, which lead to a few of the ninja feel that Garmadon was being ominous to rile us up.