Chapter 14

(Jay's P.O.V)

We were inside the palace, it was strangely quiet as we stayed close to the shadows.

We turned around a corner before hearing a familiar voice.
"Guys?" Lloyd called out, standing in front of a large door warily before spying us as we all made it around the corner.

"Lloyd?" Nya asked in disbelief. "But how...?" But was cut off by him walking over to us.
"No need to worry, come on, let's get out of here while we still can." He said, already walking back the way we came.

I heard yelling, the voice suspiciously sounding like Lloyd's voice.
"Is that..." Cole started.
"Lloyd?" Kai finished before we all turned around to face the Lloyd behind us, but he was gone.

"Weird...." I mumbled as we crept further towards the door before hearing another familiar voice call out.

"Jay?"
I stopped and looked around. "(Y/n)?"

"Jay!" I heard (Y/n) cry, running from another corridor and towards me.
I almost dropped my nunchucks as she ran into my arms.

"You guys came! I knew you would...."
I was dumbstruck, feeling my face heat up, and awkwardly patted her back.
"How did you escape?" Nya asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I waited until they came around with food before managing to steal the keys and bolt out of there." (Y/n) explained. "Quick, let's get out of here!"
"Not without Lloyd and stopping Harumi." Kai reminded her firmly.

She blinked. "Why would you bother to rescue him or stop it? There's too many out there."
"(Y/n), what these people are doing is bad. They want to revive Lord Garmadon and we don't know what they want to do once they accomplish that. All we know that it will end up bad for everyone, including you."

"Oh...." she said, I was a little concerned, this felt way out of character.
"Could you hide somewhere while we go in and deal with the Sons of Garmadon? Please?" I asked but she stared at the floor quietly.

Then she started to chuckle before looking back up to us with a grin stretched across her face as her eyes glowed a bright shade of purple.
We stepped back a little, getting our weapons ready, as we saw her face.

This wasn't (Y/n).

"Where's (Y/n)?" I demanded.
'(Y/n)' tapped her chin and looking at me. "Somewhere you'll never find." She said before changing into a different person.

Me.

I raised an eyebrow at the smirking other me, it was weird to see someone that looked exactly like you (except mirrors) staring you in the face, before Kai stepped forwards.

"Let us pass, Chamille." He growled.
'Jay' stopped grinning and looked at him with a confused face. "Who the hell is Chamille?"

We all paused, looking between each other with uncertainty.
"Uhhh, elemental master of form?" Kai suggested and 'Jay' let out a chuckle.

"Never heard of her and hah, you've got to get past me first, and I'm gonna tell you that I'm not going easy on you." They replied, changing into the familiar Shifter guise that we had seen on the countless monitors of the bounty.

"Shifter." Zane growled.
"Likewise, Snake Jaguar." They retorted with a knowing smirk.

We got our weapons ready and went to attack, it was 5 against 1, the odds are pretty much in our favour.

Except they weren't.

None of us could lay a finger of them, and they always managed to land a hit on one of us.
"Screw it." Kai said, using Spinjitzu to go against Shifter, but they countered it with their own Spinjitzu ability, turning into a purple tornado.