Chapter 8

"You have to take him back to base!" Harumi ordered, shoving the baby into my arms.
"Woah, woah hold on! If he's missing the ninja will be very fucking suspicious on how a baby left the bounty without being seen!" I retorted, shoving him into Harumi's arms, not noticing him fuss.

The ninja were all in the bridge or attending Zane while Harumi wanted to discuss something with me before leading me to the room that the baby was in and then all of this happened.

"He has the key and if the others don't have it, they'll have no clue where to go." Harumi replied, putting the baby back into the cradle

"How is the baby a key?!" I asked, pointing to him, "last time I checked babies aren't shaped like keys."

I saw Harumi facepalm and sigh, bringing her hands up in a prayer while her eyes widened, looking at the floor.
"Boi."

"So, are you going to tell me?" I asked. "As one of your members that has no clue what the fuck is going on?"
"Yes, you said that no one except for someone with Oni blood can retrieve the final mask, my only options was you, but I sent you on a spy mission, or the baby." She started.
"Why the baby?"

"The baby is Wu, their sensei, but since he was lost in a time stream, somehow he became younger to a baby."
"What??" I asked, looking to where the baby- Wu lay. "That's their sensei?"

"Did I just not say it is? And if I did my research correctly he has Oni blood, but my plans were foiled so the ninja have him and you won't take him back."
"That's because that will be suspicious!" I hissed.

Harumi exhaled through her nose, shaking her head.
"Then Lloyd will be the one to get it for me..." She said, I could practically hear the cogs in her brain turning.
"And how will you do that?" I asked.
"You will know when you know." She shrugged before Wu started crying.

Both her and I rushed over to the screaming child, trying to calm him down by rocking the cradle or saying sweet nothings to him.

Well Harumi was, I was just rocking the cradle.

Cole walked in and gently moved us out of the way, picking Wu up and putting him in his arms, but he was still crying.

"Maybe you're hungry..." Cole muttered, walking out and presumably to the kitchen.

Harumi rolled her eyes and sent me a glare before walking out, me following.

————————

I groaned, wanting to smash my head on the table.

Wu had been crying non-stop, each ninja had been passing him around to see reactions but so far nothing was working.

"Maybe he's thirsty, give him some milk." Lloyd said, passing Wu over to Cole.
"I tried, he doesn't like milk." Cole replied, passing him to Kai.

"What else do babies drink?" Jay asked.
"Don't ask me, ask him." Kai said, passing him to Jay.

"He's a baby, he hasn't learnt how to talk yet." Cole said in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, maybe he needs a diaper change." Jay replied, passing him back to Cole.
"Oh my gosh, do we even have diapers!?" Cole asked alarmed, walking over to some cupboards with Wu before handing him to me.

"Uhhhh." I started but Cole had already left. I looked down to the crying child, unsure what to do.

"Why don't we have diapers, we're ninja." Lloyd said, sounding tired.
"Ooh, maybe we use one of our hoods instead." Jay suggested.

'Ewww, no.' I thought, making a disgusted face.

"Not my hood." Kai said.
"We'll draw straws, loser gives up their hood." Lloyd said before they got into an argument about who's hood they were going to use.