EIGHT

E L I Z A

"What's got you're cheeks all red and rosy?" I heard Daphne's voice and when I looked up and she was walking towards me.

I was sat in the common room, enjoying the quiet and feeling the warmth of the crackling fire after a restless night of sleep. I'd gotten ready before Daphne and decided to sit and wait for the day to begin in the common room. But just like the entire night, all I could think about was what Draco and I did yesterday.

I couldn't stop thinking about the way he made me feel. I didn't think it was possible to feel such a way. It was exhilarating and I wanted more. To be on the edge, to be so. . . intimate and alone with someone like Draco Malfoy. It made me feel alive and wild.

"I'm not blushing," I responded, even though I knew damn well I had been.

She fell onto the sofa, the golden flames flickering against her skin as she leant into me, her head resting on my shoulder, "you were. Are you going to tell me who's gotten you so flustered?"

I wanted to. It wasn't something I wanted everyone to know but to have someone I could talk to was something I needed. So, quietly I said, "something happened."

She hummed and turned her head, "something like what?"

"Something. . . with a boy," I said as an uncontrollable smile came to my lips.

This time Daphne sat up so she was looking at me, her eyes gleaming excitedly, "did you make out with someone?" she gasped, like she was realising something, "that's where you disappeared to yesterday after DADA."

I nodded and I had to look away, I was smiling and I knew my cheeks had become rosy. And my belly was twisting nervously but it was the type of nerves you get when you're happy.

"But. . . we didn't just make out," I turned and looked at her. And I watched as her white teeth bite her lips and her brows raise, a little surprised but I could tell she was happy for me.

"You're kidding!" She whisper shouted.

"Did you have sex?" Daphne continued in a whisper and then continued quietly, "wait, are are you a virgin? Did you lose you're— oh my goodness. Hold on, did you lose protection? Was it in a bed?"

"I didn't have sex," I interrupted the bed a little too loud and I was glad the common room was empty, I laughed as I added, "and yes, I'm a virgin."

"Sorry," she smiled, "I'm just so happy and excited for you. So it was just a little—" she made a gesture with her fingers and I brushed immediately.

"Oh my God," I shoved her hand away, "Yes it was but stop that."

She laughed, most likely at my reaction and shyness. I couldn't believe I was even talking about this stuff.

She laughed and then asked, "who was it?"

I looked at her, still unsure if I wanted to tell her, I did, but I was scared of what she would think. Draco is her friend and has been for a while but he has a bad reputation. What if she doesn't approve or judge me?

Daphne sat up straighter, "you some have to tell me but I promise you, you can trust me. Whoever the lucky guy is. . . I won't tell anyone."

I couldn't keep it a secret, I had to tell her, "Promise?"

"Pinky swear," she smiled, and held out her pinky, "cross my heart and hope to die."

I returned her mischievous grin and wrapped my pinky around hers, "Okay, It was Draco."

Her mouth fell open and her eyes grew wide. She was shocked and through her expression, I couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"No fucking way," she whisper and shouted again, "Draco fucking Malfoy?"