FIFTY-SEVEN

E L I Z A

Cold air surrounded me and my body became soaked from rain as I was dragged outside. I couldn't see with whatever was over my head but I could hear the roaring thunder and distant screams. I kicked my legs and gripped the arm that was around my body, keeping me from fleeing. A strong hand was covering my mouth so my attempted screams were useless. My fight was a waste.

I had no time to wonder what was going on and why, all I wanted to was get away. Where was Draco? Where was anyone? And who was holding me, dragging me into the unknown?

All I knew was that I was terrified.

With harsh and violent force, my back was shoved against a hard, bumpy wall. Like the ones in the courtyard—was that where I was?

"If I remove my hand, you need to be quiet—we haven't got much time," I stilled at that familiar voice. Chills crawled up my spine and my heart beat harder, faster.

"I don't want to have to hurt you," he seethed, this time his vicious voice was quieter but just as deadly. The warning was sharp in his tone.

I nodded my head, which was still covered by a black fabric sack. As much as I wanted to scream the second his hand was removed, I knew better than that. And just then, his hand shakily disappeared from my mouth and the black sack was pulled from my head.

My hair had become a mess and my eyes didn't need to adjust to the morning sun because there was no sun at all. It was dark. Utterly dark.

Another boom of thunder cracked in the sky as I met Noah Avarias' dark eyes, "hello, little witch."

He looked the same, just as evil and menacing but something was different about him. His hair was longer and more disheveled. His eyes were hollow and tired. His cheekbones are deeper and his jaw sharper. Even his voice, it wasn't as teasing, it was quieter, deeper. He looked slimmer, less destructive. Weaker.

For a moment, I felt like I should be concerned but then I remembered who he was.

"My father is here," Noah said and I broke out of whatever trance I had been sucked into. The fear returned and this time, I felt it harsher.

"What—?" I uttered because I was both terrified and confused about why he was telling me.

"You think that this is all my doing. That I am this evil villain out to get his revenge," Noah spoke rapidly and quietly, and his hands held a firm grip on my shoulders, "and although I have every right to seek that revenge. This is darker. My father—he is. . . worse. More angrier. And he has a message for you. He wants to meet you."

I had a terrible feeling that this wasn't going to be any ordinary meeting or simple introduction.

"What is going on?" I seethed through the breath I was holding.

"I have no time to tell you," Noah quickly let out, his eyes darkening with rage and anger which only made me more scared, "just know. . . that I am sorry—"

Before I could process his words or realize that he had apologised. The dark cloud that was looming above us began swirling and a flash of lightning snapped through the sky. This wasn't a storm from mother nature, no this was dark magic. Noah pulled the black sack down over my head once again and he yanked me to his side.