TWENTY-EIGHT (!!!)

Draco's pov

The quidditch changing room was filled with the stench of sweat and an aura of masculinity. I hadn't missed being shoved around by half-naked boys as we got ready and amped up to win the game. The roaring drums boomed from above and it only made the boys more eager. I used to love playing Quidditch and I loved my team and how rough we could be in the sport.

But today, I found myself sitting on a bench, legs spread and elbows leaning on my knees. My head was down and all I could think about was that Eliza was up there, sitting on the stands, so vulnerable. Melin it was fucking me up big time. I have to keep my head in the game. Especially because we're playing against Gryffindorr and I'll be dammed if my team loses against them.

But after last night and what Eliza told me—I got no sleep. I swear on everything that I have, If Noah tries anything I will beat him with my Quidditch stick. I gripped my stuck tighter at the thought and then abruptly stood. My frame seeming bigger and stronger in this uniform.

"There he is," Theo roared, strongly wrapping his arm around my shoulders and messing up my hair as he pulled me into the huddle of Slytherin boys.

"Listen up, boys," Theo boomed to all of us, "the first game of the season and we're going to go out there and show those Lions why you don't fuck with snakes—"

The boys shoved one another and roared in response, strong and intimidating. A cold rush of adrenaline flooded through my body and I was going to turn my rage and force it into the game.

"—Those Lions have messed with us one too many times and this season we'll make them regret it," Theo continued, "give them everything you have in you, boys."

The response of the Slytherins was a loud roar of cheers and then we where walked out into the field. The booming drums vibrated against my chest and I realised just how much I missed feeling like this. But somewhere in the stands were Eliza and Noah and I hoped he was far, far away from her.

If not, I have my stick ready and gripped hard in my gloved hand.

Eliza's pov

I sat beside Daphne and Pansy and watched as the Slytherins entered the field on one side and the Gryffindors on the other side. Slytherin vs Gryffindor games were always the most amped up and most enthusiastic. They almost always ended up in fights and left the crowd cheering wildly.

The Slytherins began cheering, "Weasley is our king," the usual chant in this game and although I never joined in with the singing, I always found it amusing. It was petty of me, I know but it's funny if you think about the meaning—he practically hands us the points because he is that bad.

Behind us is a group of boys and among them are Adrian, Crabbe and Goyle who seem the most excited about the game. They cheered the chant the loudest and I couldn't help but chuckle.

When both teams met in the centre of the field and after Madam Hooch spoke to them, they finally claimed upon their brooms and Hooch blew the whistle and raised her arm, releasing the Snitch, sending it high into the sky. Hooch waited a few moments before blowing the whistle again and both teams soared into the sky.

The game sprung into action and it was hard to keep an eye on the small golden snitch and watch how many times the quaffle entered the hoops. I watched as the keepers defended the goals, while the Chasers scored goals. And watch the Beaters throwing Bludgers to distract the other team's players.