FIVE

༛༺༻༛
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛༛

E L I Z A

"You came back late last night," Daphne chirped as she sat in front of her mirror, smearing all kinds of makeup on her face.

I sat on my bed, freshly out of the shower and debating whether I wanted to put on that short little dress Daphne is letting me borrow or my pyjamas.

I looked up at her, catching her eyes in the mirror and I shrugged, "so?" I tried acting as innocently as I could.

"Where were you?" Daphne questioned me, that pretty smile on her face, as she giggled, "and who were you with?"

"I was in the library," I answered, not lying, "I got too caught up in my book and lost track of time."

"Mhm—hmm, and did anyone join you?" she raised her brow, applying a shiny gloss to her lips.

I thought of Draco appearing out of nowhere in the Library last night. I thought of the way he looked at me, the way he touched me, grabbing my arm in such a gentle hold in his large hand. The same hand I dreamed about touching me—

"Someone tall and cocky, blonde perhaps?" I looked back up at her, realising I had zoned out.

"How do you know?" I asked her.

"Blaise mentioned to me that Draco came back late last night and I put two and two together," Daphne grinned.

"Right," I sighed, and peered around the room, "well, nothing happened, so take that smile off of your face."

"I never said it did," she reasoned.

"Then why are you looking at me like that," I asked her, raising my brows and trying not to smile too much.

"Because I can tell he wants you," she said as she turned to look at me.

I furrowed my brows, "Wants me?"

"I don't know," Daphne shrugged, almost like saying it out loud now seemed strange, "He just— He's always looking at you and this year, he just seems different anyway."

I wasn't sure what to say. What she was saying sounded ludicrous. Never did I think my name and Draco's would be used in the same sentence. I never thought he would talk to me, even look at me. I never wanted him to either. But then again, I never thought I'd have a sex dream about him. . .

"Look, Ignore me," Daphne stood up and came toward me, "It doesn't matter and you deserve more than Draco and his creepy staring and I clearly am not thinking straight," she must have seen my thoughts written all over my face, "so, put this sexy dress on and let loose tonight, and forget about everything that I just said, okay?"

I looked up at her now standing in front of me. She was completely ready, now in a short dark blue dress and her hair pulled back in a tight ponytail which made her soft features look pretty and sharp.

I felt a rush of adrenaline feel my veins — was I really about to go to a party? A smile came to my lips as I realised I didn't want to be a boring anybody anymore, "okay."

She made an excited squeaking sound as she handed me the dress, "Go—Go now and put it on. I can already hear the party."

D R A C O

Party's used to be something I'd go to for fun. To feel alcohol fueling my brain and feeling powerful as I felt the effects of it. Having a night of fun with my friends. But now, I find myself only wanting to be here because I need to quiet my brain and forget about the things I'm supposed to be doing right now.