FORTY-FIVE

༛༺༻༛      
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛        ༛༺༻༛        ༛༛

D R A C O

Being compared to a man I hate more than any wretched thing in this world was one of the most painful things I've ever heard. And the fact that the words came from her lips made me feel so disgusting and unwell that I wanted to tear off my skin. I wanted a time-turner to go back in time and fix everything about me, to go back in time and be a better man. To erase every bad thing I ever did and do only good in the world.

I think it's been two or three days since I walked out of the hospital. I'm not sure though because the days have blurred into one heavy mess. I slept, I drank, I smoked but nothing made the terrible ache in my chest go away.

Blaise and Theo came over to my house earlier today and dragged me to this party at Adrian's and I would rather be anywhere else but then I saw the drinks table and have not been able to walk away.

I've only been here five minutes but I've already made myself two very strong drinks.

"You could have at least brushed your hair," Theo said beside me, pouring his own drink.

I looked up at him, my eyes feeling heavy and tired, "I have no one to impress here."

They made me do one of the many things which have felt like an impossible task and shower. I showered. Well, I stood under the showerhead for five minutes and then got out. Threw on a pair of black jeans and a black sweatshirt and left with them.

We were already a few hours late and clearly, they didn't want to waste any more time.

"What if Eliza is here?" Blaise asked, taking back a shot and his features furrowed.

"She's not," I answered plainly, "you two told me she is not here."

"She isn't," Theo said, "Pansy and Daphne have gone around hers for a sleepover."

"Yeah, but let's just say she was," Blaise muttered, "you would want her to see you so. . . scruffed up?"

"I think she likes him scruffed up," Theo said and they erupted into laughter.

A sleepover? I haven't even had a sleepover. I let the thought and jealousy linger longer than it should have. I regret walking out on her but I was going to kill someone when she said those words to me. I had to leave because I didn't want to hurt her. I like to think I have great self-control but when it comes to controlling my anger. . . It's unpredictable—Like I become someone else.

I turn and lean my back against the drinks table and Theo and Blaise follow suit. My eyes watch the dancing bodies in front of us and just looking at everyone's happy drunk smiles makes me want to leave.

A blonde girl stumbled out of the crowd, her hair falling in front of her face and when she looks up, all three of us stand up straight.

Daphne.

"Shit—" her eyes widened.

Blaise steps forward, "what the hell are you doing here?"