FORTY-ONE

༛༺༻༛      
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛        ༛༺༻༛        ༛༛

E L I Z A

Noah stood in front of me. His face was concealed in darkness from the cloak he wore, its hood hanging low atop his head. A devilish smirk tugged at his lips, revealing his white teeth. He stepped in, his boot flashing out from the long cloak.

Instinctively, I backed into the bathroom, almost stumbling when my side hit the sink. I reached for my wand which was concealed in the pockets of the dress. The good thing about Malkin's dresses is that they always had a slim pocket for a wand.

"Hello, little which," he snarled with a sinister smile, "I've been watching you all evening, hoping you'd hurry up and leave so i could catch you alone—"

My lip shook as I raised my wand, pointing it at him, "what do you want?" I stammered. Gripping the sink behind me. My legs were shaking and I felt like falling to the floor and cowering in the corner. His face was one filled with danger.

He closed the door behind him and locked it. I could scream. I should scream for help.

Another step forward, "I just want to talk."

I furrowed my brows and tried to keep my hand still and as strong as possible but it wouldn't stop shaking. Still, I aimed my wand at him and I hoped I'd be ready when he attacked.

"I don't want to talk to you," I muttered, eyes welling with tears, "why are you doing this? Why me? I don't understand."

Something flashed across his eyes, a raw emotion, something unfamiliar, something that made him look like somebody else completely.

He blinked and shook his head like I was an innocent child in distress, "Oh, my sweet Eliza. You are the key to all of this. Soon I will tell you everything," he said and then added, "unless you figure it out on your own."

Maybe I was being delusional but it almost seemed like he was giving me a hint. Warning me somehow. I could figure it out on my own, my father seemed to know a lot about the Avarias' so maybe I was right, maybe he does have all the answers.

The bit I don't understand is why I am involved with this all-mighty powerful wizard family which everyone seems to despise. There's more to this. More history than anyone is telling me.

"What do you know about the Avarias family?" he asked, with a little tilt of his head.

The memory of my father's and I's conversation appeared in my head, he had mentioned that family and instead, I hope that my brain is lying to me, I hope he isn't one of them.

"You're one of them," I rushed out, "aren't you?"

He grinned and I attempted to back further into the sink.

"Don't look so frightened, little witch," he snarled, "I'm not going to hurt you," he said but then seemed to process his words and said, "Not right now at least."

"What?" I whispered, fear had taken over my entire soul now and I raised my wand higher.

"Get that silly thing out of my face." He hit my wand out of my shaky hand and I watched it clatter against the tile floor. Then, before I could do anything else, just as I looked back up at him he stepped forward, and roughly gripped my throat.