SIX

E L I Z A

My eyes fluttered open, slowly and painfully and it was like I was inside a lightbulb. It was so bright and I could hear a ringing in my ears, making my head feel like it was screaming in agony. I squeezed my eyes shut but it did nothing for the pain or the brightness. And when my eyes unblurred, I realised I'd awoken with my head in the toilet.

Just the thought that I was breathing in the air from the toilet made my stomach twist and turn in disgust. Oh no. I threw up whatever remaining alcohol that was in my system into the toilet.

"That's it, get it all out."

I hurled my guts up again and then looked to my left. Daphne stood, standing in front of the mirror, brushing her teeth. She was showered and clean and I— I was still in lasts night's dress, my hair sticking to my face and knotted. And I could feel the makeup drying on my skin. I felt disgusting.

"How are you not throwing up?" I asked, falling back away from the toilet. My voice was crackly and I sounded like death.

"Because, missie, last night wasn't my first time getting drunk," Daphne turned to face me, and knelt beside me, helping me up to a sitting position, "besides this just shows how much of a good time you had."

"Yeah, well, never again," I groaned, engraving this memory inside of my brain as a reminder, never to drink again."

"That's what they all say," Daphne smirked, "you will drink again and party just as hard. But don't worry, slowly your body will get used to it."

"I'd rather just die now," I sighed dramatically.

I felt like death now but then I remembered how free I felt last night. Dancing with Daphne like we were the only people in the world. It felt unstoppable. And most of all, I felt like a normal teenage girl for the first time in. . . ever.

"Here, have a shower," Daphne helped, what felt like my decaying body, to my feet, "you will feel much better afterwards."

D R A C O

It was almost mid-day when Blaise, Theo and I decided to go meet Daphne in her dormitory before heading to lunch. I only agreed to go for one reason and that was Eliza. I knew she'd be there and after last night. After the kiss we shared, Christ, if I thought she was on my mind a lot before, now—now I couldn't stop thinking about her.

The way her lips felt against mine. She felt so good. She felt like a forbidden fruit that I wasn't supposed to have. To ruin. She's so innocent, like an angel, she looks like one too, and the fact that she is so. . . untouched and innocent makes her that more intriguing to me. Makes me want her even more.

So when we walked into Daphne's dormitory and she was not there, I felt my whole body almost sigh, with disappointment.

"Where's Eliza?" Adrian asked as we slumped in. He asked the question that was on my mind, but the fact that he asked and cared made me so angry. I looked over at him, side-eyeing him with a deadly glare.

"In the shower," Daphne said.

"Oh—" Adrian raised a brow as he sat in the armchair and I wanted to wipe that look right off of his face and whatever he was imagining inside his head, I wanted to rip his eyes out to ensure he'd never see it in real life.

Even though I was imagining the same. The fact that she was in the other room, naked. It was doing things to me. I tried to stop thinking about it, but fuck—

"How is she? Eliza?" Blaise questioned, standing beside Daphne's bed.

"She's currently experiencing her first hangover," Daphne smiled.