FIFTY-FOUR (!!!)

E L I Z A

I woke up to silence. After somehow managing to fall asleep, I awoke to the deafening sound of silence. Daphne was gone, her bed vacant but the window was open slightly, allowing a cool breeze to reach my face and leg hanging out from my sheets. I was stuck, frozen in place, unable to move. Unable to get up and face the day ahead of me.

The clock ticked slowly, but time moved fast. I'm not sure how long I laid there or how long I've been awake, staring at the open window and the gray fog coating the trees and Lake outside. I had no energy to get up. As long as I remain in my bed, I am safe from the day ahead of me.

The crystal has been found. I found it. And gave it to Noah. I should feel better. But I do not.

Because Noah's words haunted me. Plagued me into this lifeless state. This is not the end, he had said just when I thought it would be. I am a fool for having hope.

A thumping thud of a fist banging against my door made my body flinch. One, two, three thuds against the wooden door, four, five, six, seven, it continued. I rolled over, the simple movement drained the life out of my soul.

Eight, nine, "Eliza, let me in."

Ten. Eleven.

It was Draco, I had assumed so and as much as I wanted to be in the safety of his arms, I knew that is not why he was here. Yesterday, I locked him in his dormitory after lying to his face. I disappeared for hours. Again. And now he was furious and he was going to demand answers.

I had told him—I promised him I would tell him the truth as soon as I did what I needed to do. And now I have. And now I need to tell him. I want to. I do, but it all seems like so much effort.

Despite my thoughts, I forced myself up and out of bed. I stumbled over to the door and felt light headed, tired despite the hours of sleep I had gotten. I opened the door and met his eyes instantly. They seemed tired too, worried, angry even. He stood with an arm leaning against the frame and he straightened when he saw me. He looked good, despite his rage.

"Are you alright?" he asked, despite his enraged, darkened eyes and clenched fists.

All I could do was nod, yes.

He walked in without an invitation, not that he needed one. His shoulder brushed mine and I stepped out of his way and closed the door. He paced my dim room, the curtain peacefully shuffling in the breeze.

My heart was a thundering mess.

"Do you have any idea how worried I have been?" he asked, his eyes seemingly unable to meet mine.

I didn't. That was selfish, I knew that. But my head had been so filled with fear that I couldn't begin to fathom the feelings that he was feeling. But now, seeing him so messed up built a soaring wall of fear inside me.

"With everything going on—" he said, through his chaotic pacing, "—It was Noah, wasn't it? He has something to do with this. I know it. Did he hurt you? Threaten you?"

"Please, just calm down," I attempted to walk closer to him but stopped because he was still pacing. Just calm down because it is over now. At least, he threatened me. What's to come, I don't know. But right now, all I want to do is shower and restart. To feel better.