THIRTY

Draco's pov

"Be quiet," Theo hissed at Blaise, his whisper echoing in the dark alleyway we were hidden in, "And put your hood up!"

"Malfoy, hurry up," Theo then snapped at me.

My hands hurried through each key, pushing it through the key hole of the tavern. Keys Blaise had stolen from the barman this afternoon and a Tavern in Hogsmeade we were trying to steal alcohol from for the bonfire tomorrow night.

"There are about a hundred keys on this stupid thing," I seethed, "shut up and let me focus."

We had to wait until the tavern closed at midnight and then another hour for the cleaners to be done. And now, here we are, committing a very criminal offence that might possibly get us sent to askaban. But honestly, I think that's a tad dramatic—we've done this many times before. We just leave the keys on the floor of the tavern when we're done and the fool of a barman assumes he dropped the keys.

"There are people coming," Theo urged me. And it was then I heard the loud, echoing laugh of drunk men and then they started singing.

"Fucks sake, Malfoy," Blaise muttered angrily, "If you don't—"

I pushed the right key and the lock clicked open. Theo and Blaise pushed passed me and I hurried in just as the drunk men sauntered into the alleyway. I closed the door behind me and then pushed Blaise and Theo.

"I told you I fucking had it," I seethed. They chuckled which only enraged me more.

"You took your bloody time," Theo shoved me back and then followed Blaise behind the bar.

I scoffed and followed suit.

"I think pretty little Eliza is clouding his mind," Blaise said as he opened a cabinet, revealing a selection of alcohol bottles.

"Shut up," I warned him even though he wasn't wrong. I still did not want to go to this stupid bonkfore and I definitely didn't want to be in Hogsmeade, away from the castle where Eliza is all alone. She doesn't know I am here though and she is probably sleeping.

But how the hell do I know that Noah isn't watching her sleep?

Fuck, the thought made my entire body stiffen.

Eliza's pov

After a long day of classes and dinner in the great hall, Pansy, Daphne and I practically ran back to our dormitory and grabbed our things. we wore our warmest clothes and filled a backpack with the essentials—Everything one would need to camp, marshmallows, a lighter, water, a hairbrush and the list go on.

The boys had gotten alcohol last night which apparently was a tradition every year. I'm not exactly sure about the details of where and how they got it but they got it and that's all that matters I supposed.

When 10 pm hit, we started sneaking out of the dormitory, trying to be as quiet as we could. But the creaky floorboards were not in our favour. And, Pansy kept giggling making me even more afraid of getting caught. Daphne walked ahead, leading the way and peeping her eyes around each corner we came to.

I followed behind them, with sweaty palms and an anxious pit in my belly. Although I was so excited about this Bonfire, I hadn't expected this part to be so terrifying. As I followed, adrenaline stuck to my bones, keeping my heartbeat rapid. But I didn't dare let my nerves show.