TWENTY-NINE

༛༺༻༛
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛༛

Draco's pov

I woke up this morning, having only got a few hours of sleep and I already wanted to find Noah and beat him until he was nothing but tangled limbs. I could curse him, use the cruciartus curse on him but that would be too easy and much less relieving. I needed to feel my fist hitting his face and feel his blood on my hands.

It was painful having to control myself and keep myself at bay. Merlin—I felt like I was controlling a feral beast, only I was the beast I had to control.

I lazily got dressed and walked to breakfast with Theo and Blaise and I hoped we'd pass Noah on the way—but we didn't. The bastard has been a ghost since I passed him two nights ago, when he met up with Eliza and how badly I wished I had known at that moment—

I know it was him at the party, banging on the door like some perv, interrupting Eliza and me. I don't have a reason as to why I think it was him but who else would it have been?

The day continued as usual and Noah still hasn't shown his face. There's no way he knows I know he's been fucking with my girl, scaring her to death and stalking her—just the thought makes me so fucking angry—so the reason for his absence has to do with something else. But the most aggravating thing about all this is that when I do finally see him, I can't confront him. I can't do anything.

Eliza wasn't supposed to tell anyone, he threatened her with the lives of her friends and me. And although I can take care of myself, I also don't know what the son of a bitch is capable of. And Eliza asked me not to do anything, and I'm respecting the trust she has in me, I'll sooner die than lose the trust she has in me.

During Lunch, Blaise, Theo and I met up with the girls in the courtyard, under the large tree we always sit under. The sun was blazing and the breeze was cool, leaving us relaxing under the shade. Eliza sat beside me, her head resting against my shoulder as she listened to our friend's conversation.

I don't like seeing Eliza like this. Although there's a smile on her lips, there is sadness and fear in her eyes that only I seem to notice. Every now and then she'll grip my hand too tight until it hurts or she'll be lost in her head like she is terrified of Noah appearing around the corner and abducting her.

I've tried to comfort her and help her but there isn't much I can do. This is something serious, something that we should tell Dumbledore about, maybe even the Ministry. But until Eliza is ready and until we know Noah's intentions—all I can do is try my best to soothe her with my touch and kisses.

"This Friday is our yearly bonfire in the forest," Blaise states, "Are we still doing it this hear?"

A part of me wants to say no—camping in the forest when Eliza is so vulnerable—doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

"I almost forgot about that," Daphne spoke out loud, playing with a loose strand of her blonde hair.

"We're definitely doing it," Pansy narrowed her eyes, a snarky little grin on her lips.

"Bonfire?" Eliza asked, confused. Her voice was a little quiet but she still captured all our attention.

"Shit, I forgot we got a newbie," Theo beamed, sending a toothy grin toward Eliza.