FOURTEEN

༛༺༻༛
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛༛

Eliza's pov

I couldn't be happier that today was a Saturday and I didn't have to sit through boring lessons. Instead Daphne, Pansy and I sat by the golden flames of the warm flickering fire. Both of them spoke about the ball and I enjoyed the book in my hands. I could do this all day and soak up all the warmth and peace.

Until Theo jumped over the sofa and landed on Daphne and Pansy with a thump and a mischievous grin on his lips. I looked up from my seat in the armchair in time to see Pansy shoving his legs off her lap. I found myself smiling but it faded when Draco came into view with Blaise at his side.

Draco sat down on the armchair opposite mine and Blaise leaned against the sofa.

"What are you girls up to?" Theo asked, his brunette curls falling atop his brow and the brown hue in his eyes dazzling with something fun.

I looked over at Draco who I found was already looking at me. I hid my shock and resented my cheeks for blushing. He looked away first and something inside me wanted his eyes back on me.

"Relishing in our boredom," Pansy sighed.

I wasn't bored but I guess this isn't everyone's idea of fun.

"Well, fancy coming to Hogsmeade with us?" Theo raised a brow.

"Oh, yes," Daphne groaned excitedly, "I could use a warm hot chocolate and muffin right now."

Theo raised his brow toward Pansy who replied smugly, "I suppose I have nothing else better to do."

"Don't act like you despise spending time with us," Theo shot back at her, his arm casually swinging over her petite shoulder.

"And Eliza?" Blaise questioned me, "are you up for spending a day with us?"

I pulled the sleeves of my brown sweater over my hands, feeling nervous with all their daunting eyes looking at me.

If I was being honest, I would rather spend my Saturday by this fire and finish my book but then I remembered Draco would be there and despite Tracey's threat, I wanted to tell him how I felt and what I knew. I wanted to talk to him because we have felt so distant lately.

"Sure," I replied with a sweet smile.

~

My boots thudded against the path to Hogsmeade and my scarf and coat kept me warm against the cold chill of the early afternoon air. I walked beside Daphne and Blaise while Theo and Pansy led the the way in quiet chatter. Yet, even though I felt happy to be socialising I felt pity for a lonely Draco.

He walked behind us with only his black hoodie on with the hood loosely over his head. He wore gloves but I still wondered why he preferred to walk alone in the cold. But I kept my eyes ahead ignoring the urge I had to go hold his hand.

"I think I've caught Draco looking at you for the hundredth time," Daphne whispered in my ear.

"What?" I scrunched my brows like it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.