FIFTY-ONE

༛༺༻༛      
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛        ༛༺༻༛        ༛༛

E L I Z A

Don't tell anyone. Three words that the morning sun greeted me with after a dark night of tossing and turning and nightmares of what might happen if I tell someone. Don't tell anyone. The words echoed somewhere in the back of my head when Daphne asked if I was okay. I was not okay—I had been staring at the spot where Noah had been hours ago, threatening me with that photo of me.

Yes, I'm fineJust tired. I had told her. Had lied to her.

Always an excuse. Always a lie.

Just like when I lied during breakfast when Pansy asked why I wasn't eating. I told her I wasn't hungry, that I was still full from the dinner I didn't eat. I was glad Draco was at Quidditch practice because he knows why I haven't been eating and the sick terrified feeling I feel now is so much worse than yesterday. Yesterday when Draco was there and was with me. I had felt safe and the sick feeling of dread had disappeared.

But now—but now was different.

Don't tell anyone. Noah's voice whispered in my ear all day. The photograph of me was a constant reminder and the threat of him hurting my friends was stuck at the front of my head. My head that was pounding but the fear of what Noah might do forced me to keep a smile on my face.

Don't. Tell. Anyone.

~

I first saw Draco in Potions. I was sitting in the middle of the class tugged between Pansy and Daphne, I peered over my shoulder when I heard the boyish chatter enter the class. I felt a moment of peace when I saw him with a smile on his face, laughing at something Blaise had said. But then his eyes met mine and I was reminded of those three words. A heavy weight of fear pulled my heart into the pit of my belly and made me feel nauseated.

But I tried not to let my face halter.

He had wet hair and it was falling messily to the tip of his dark brow. His jaw was tight as he looked at me, now completely oblivious to the boys surrounding him. They moved to the back of the class but Draco seemed to hesitate, like he wanted to sit with me but there were no seats left.

For a moment I was tempted to go and sit at the back with him but if I am with him, if I am close to him and talking to him, it will be even harder not to mention last night.

Don't tell anyone.

I looked away quickly, just as Snape walked in and the class slowly fell silent. I kept my gaze down the entire class. I just have to find this crystal and everything will be okay. I will be okay.

~

I walked out of Potions and felt a firm hand around my waist. My heart dropped, and my eyes widened as my mind instantly went to Noah.

"Woah—sorry I didn't mean to scare you," Draco's voice was dark and deep in my ear, and he was full of regret when I turned, "I didn't think—That probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. I just missed you."