TWENTY-SEVEN

༛༺༻༛
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛༛

Draco's pov

I've always hidden my emotions well. If I was feeling sad, I didn't show it, I sucked it up and learned how to live with it and turned it into a rage instead. Which is why I could tell Eliza was hiding something. Something is bothering her and I'm not going to just sit there and wait. So I followed her out of the great hall.

But she was fast and I didn't see which way she went after leaving the hall. I was left stranded and confused, deciding which way to go. I went toward the courtyard, maybe she needed some air. But when I stepped out into the chilly night, she was not there.

Nor was she in the common room or her dormitory. I lost hope of finding her when she wasn't in the Library. Where else would she be?

I searched for an hour and found no trace of her. I was becoming worried, too fucking worried. The corridors had become darker now, the moon had fully risen and settled in the starry sky. Students had returned to their common rooms, leaving the castle feeling abandoned. It was just me wandering the halls and somewhere was Eliza, I just had to find her.

Then, a figure rounded the corner, tall and broad and with a beastly swagger in his step—Noah—I creased my brows, It's past curfew now and I get that he is new but surely the guy knows better. Yes, I'm also out after curfew but I'm looking for my girl. I don't know, it's just suspicious, especially with that smirk on his lips.

His smirk curled up more as he approached me, the gold light glaring against his skin. I didn't return his smile. The guy's a weirdo.

"Malfoy," he greeted with a slow nod of his head.

"Avery," I muttered, turning my gaze away from him as we passed.

His chuckle echoed and I turned my head over my shoulder only to see him prowling away. I furrowed my brows, what the hell is he up to?

I walked out into the open, and exited the castle onto one of the open patios where students weren't usually allowed but It was another place I hadn't looked and I was going to keep looking until I found Eliza.

I heard a sniff and then a small cry. I turned my head vastly to the sound and felt my chest tighten into something like rage. I saw her, perched on a step of the patio, legs pulled into her chest and head buried into her knees. The stars watched her, staring down upon her and I wondered if they felt the heartbreak I also felt watching her.

I took a step toward her, wanting nothing more than to take away whatever was making her cry and have it as my own—I'd endure all the pain if it meant she would be happy.

"Eliza," a small weak sound escaped my lips and I didn't expect my voice to be so broken.

She whipped her head to me and I almost took a step back from the physical pain I felt when I saw her. Her beautiful glistening green eyes were now dull and sad. They had darkened from whatever pain was consuming her. Her mascara was smudged and leaving black streaks down her reddened cheeks.

I swallowed, guilt attacking me and I wished it was possible to punch myself in the jaw. How the hell hadn't I noticed whatever war she was battling?