THIRTY-FIVE

D R A C O

There are many responsibilities of love and the most important one is to keep another's hearts safe. And I failed at that. My girl is not safe and I don't know how to protect her. I didn't protect her and I hate myself for it. But I'm not going to sit around with my pity, I'm going to avenge her.

Blaise and I walk around the back of the castle with a murderous conscience. We have searched every creepy crevice of this damn castle and we haven't found Noah. And what is most strange—when we asked a few seventh-year's if if they had seen him, they told us he hadn't been in classes since the day he joined and had presumed he had left.

But he did not leave. He put my girl in the hospital wing. I'm not sure if I am capable of murder but I certainly feel the killer's high right now.

I could use the killing curse but one, I'd end up in Azkaban and two, I'd rather kill him slowly. Take my time with him, feel the warmth of his blood on my hands and watch his body squirm beneath my blows.

"What if he really has left?" Blaise asked when we reached another dead end, the sky darkening as night approaches us.

"He was here last night when he was firing at us," I snapped back and I didn't mean to let my fury leak out and attack Blaise.

"I know, I know," Blaise answered, looking around at the distant forest, "but it has been almost twenty hours since he attacked us. He could have fled in that time."

I knew he was right. I knew it but I couldn't give up. We've spent the day searching every inch if this school, over and over and we still haven't found him. But it's been a distraction, I realised. I should be by my girl's side for when she wakes but I know that when she does, she—

I'm afraid she will hate me for betraying her trust.

But as afraid as I am, I won't leave her to suffer alone. I hate myself too, Eliza, so let's hate me together.

E L I Z A

I laid in that uncomfortable bed all day today, with only the company of Madam Pomfrey bringing me meals and healing potions. I've been waiting for Draco to come or anyone but no one has visited me. I can't help but feel like I've fallen into that lonely hole I spent all those years in. I feel the dreadful weight of the loneliness I thought I got rid of.

It's been a long day. A long physically and mentally painful day. And I've been waiting for Draco to show but a part of me doesn't want him to. I am so angry with him for telling Dumbledore about Noah because now I am so afraid of what might happen to him, my friends and myself.

Noah made it extremely clear not to tell a soul and I did and then I trusted Draco enough to tell him and now I'm regretting that foolish decision.

I am left with that regret as my eyes fall into an uncomfortable slumber and the only one who would be keeping me company is Noah, in my nightmares.

~

I spent the following day the exact same. And now it's Monday and when I should've been in lessons I was in the hospital wing wondering why no one has come to visit me. I want, no I need to tell Draco what Dumbledore and the professors know about Noah. I need to warn him, but no doubt he won't keep his mouth shut and tell everyone.