Chapter 56; Showdown

**Back to present time at the Meeting**

Draco's POV

Atlas stared at Aurora in disbelief of what we had just revealed and so did the rest of the table. The most evil grin stayed across Aurora's face, toying with her father. Finally, Atlas scoffed.

"Do you have something to say?" I snapped.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"It wouldn't take much to be more powerful than your mother." He said to Aurora.

I could feel her fill with rage through the ring on my finger.

"Don't say a foul thing about her," Aurora snapped. "She put up with you didn't she?"

"And she didn't do a damn thing but try to protect you." He snapped at her.

"What like you're more valuable than I am?" Aurora responded.

"I can't believe you have the audacity to speak to me the way you do." Atlas said. "I didn't raise you to be-"

Aurora cut him off.

"You didn't raise me." She yelled and stood quickly, slightly shoving her chair backwards.

Atlas started to move towards Aurora slightly. Everyone at the table watched, uneasily as the situation developed. Voldemort simply shifted in his seat, leaning back against the chair and watching Atlas. Aurora watched Atlas move.

"Going to hit me again?" She asked.

Just then Atlas slid his wand out of the sleeve of his cloak and started to raised it at Aurora. Without even thinking, I bolted out of my seat and lunged towards Atlas. I pointed my wand at his neck but he didn't even flinch as he stared at me. 

"You've hurt her enough." I snarled at him.

"And yet she hasn't learned any respect." He said to me.

"She doesn't have to respect you." I spat. "You're nothing to us."

"Atlas, you don't get to lecture about respect." I heard my father say as he moved towards us but kept his distance, letting me handle it. 

"You're lucky I don't kill you right here and now for what you did to her." I said.

A smirk grew across Atlas' face and he spoke to me like a child and said;

"Well, then what's stopping you?" 

"That's enough, Atlas." Voldemort snapped from the other end of the table.

I relaxed and took a couple steps back from him.

"For now." Atlas shrugged.

"Stay away from us." I snapped as I felt Aurora come up behind me.

"The kids are free to go now. That was entertaining enough wasn't it?" Voldemort said.

Blaise stood and waited for us to move towards the door but Atlas still stood in between us and the exit. Aurora laced her fingers with mine and started to pull me to leave. As we began to walk past Atlas, he reached for Aurora's face, for her scar that he created. He let out a quiet chuckle. Aurora didn't move, she stared straight at her father and didn't flinch when he raised his hand to her. I smirked watching how strong she was even though I could tell she felt uneasy being this close to him. I let go of her hand and snaked my arm around her waist and pulled her to me, away from him.

"Just wait until I find your mother." He spat at Aurora as we made it to the entryway and all grabbed the portkey. 

Our feet slammed down hard on the floor of Aurora and Dylan's dormitory floor. Dylan jumped because we scared her.

"A little warning would be nice." She said slamming a book shut.

"Sorry, Dyl." Aurora laughed.

"Well the cat's out of the bag." Blaise said walking over to Dylan and kissing the top of her head.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused and finally looked to see Aurora wearing her wedding ring.

"No way." She said, looking at Aurora to explain.

"And you'll never guess who Draco had a showdown with in front of the most powerful DeathEaters and Voldemort." Aurora said, smirking at me.

"Atlas was there." I said.

"Holy shit." Dylan said. "You have to tell me everything."

I plopped down on Aurora's bed while she filled Dylan in. Afterwards we realized it was dinner time and all started down to the Great Hall. Snape had pulled me aside to ask if it was true, that we were really married on the way there so after I finished explaining everything to him everyone else was already in the Great Hall. I walked in to look for Aurora when I saw Harry Potter talking to Katie Bell. I immediately assumed she was telling him I gave her the cursed necklace. Harry turned to see me and his expression changed immediately. I turned and left the Great Hall quickly, feeling as though my tie was strangling me and I was going to suffocate from what I'd done.

Aurora's POV

Dylan nudged me when Draco walked in, I started to raise my hand to wave him over to us when he froze. I followed his eyes to see what he was looking at. I saw Harry Potter talking to Katie Bell. Just then Draco turned to leave and Harry was following him quickly.

"Ah, shit." I said throwing my napkin down and standing up.

Blaise stood to when he realized what was going on.

"Find Snape." I said to him. "This can't be good."

I hurried out of the Great Hall, looking around frantically trying to figure out where they went. I didn't have to wait long when I heard loud bangs and crashes, I followed the sounds to a bathroom. I burst through the door to see Draco laying on the ground covered in blood as it swirled around him in the water all over the floor. Harry stood over him, he seemed to be unsure of what he had just done to Draco.

"What have you done, Potter?" I screamed and sank to my knees next to Draco.

My hands now covered in his blood, I tried to stop it but there were too many cuts on him to stop it all. I put my hand on his forehead and looked into his eyes, which were filled with fear. 

"Oh god. No." I cried. "I love you, Draco."

Just then the door swung open revealing Snape and Blaise. Blaise's eyes grew wide when he saw the scene in front of him.

"Aurora, move." Snape said sternly.

I did as he told me and collapsed into Blaise's arms, sobbing. Blaise just stood supporting my weight and holding my head against his chest as we watched Snape stand over Draco, he bent and placed his wand tip to Draco's sternum and began muttering something. The blood started to leave the water, as if it were refilling Draco's body. I managed to stop sobbing and watched, as I was confused but in awe. Just before all of the blood disappeared back into Draco, Harry pushed passed myself and Blaise, running out of the bathroom.