Chapter 27; Anxiety

Aurora's POV

I woke up in Draco's bed and my eyelids felt like they weighed as much as an elephant, probably from all of the crying I did yesterday and last night. After we got back from dinner I had another break down. There were so many people staring at me and whispering about me I couldn't take it.

I sat up to find Draco sitting in the chair at his desk, facing me. He had been watching me sleep, I don't remember him actually coming to bed.

"Did you sleep at all, Draco?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Not a wink." He replied.

"Why, sweetheart?" I asked, now concerned about him.

He shrugged; "I don't know, I can't get the sound of your screams and sobs out of my head and I didn't want you to wake up crying and I not wake up to be there."

"Oh Draco, you have to get some sleep." I told him. 

"I know, I know. I just want you to be okay." He said.

I wiped my hand down my face; "I know, I'm trying." I told him.

"We should get ourselves together for class." Draco said standing up and coming to the side of the bed.

I shook my head.

"No, I don't want to go." I said laying back down.

"Darling, you need to. The longer you stay away the less you'll want to go to class at all and besides not going will give everyone more to talk about."

I looked around thinking about what Draco said.

He isn't wrong.

"Please, Rory. I know you'll just want to stay in bed tomorrow again if you don't get up today." He pleaded with me. "I won't leave your side all day."

"Okay." I finally said, moving the covers to get up.

I quickly showered and got ready for class. I made sure I did my makeup because the bags under my eyes were extremely noticeable and I didn't want everyone knowing the impact my father escaping from Azkaban has had on me.

I finished getting ready and I put both hands on the bathroom sink counter to support my weight, trying to prepare myself to be in front of loads of people the entire day.

Draco came to the doorway holding both of our books and things for class. I looked up from the floor at him.

"Are you ready, love?" He asked me.

I let out a large exhale and pushed away from the counter.

"I suppose so." I said taking my books from him and heading to the door.

When we left the room, Draco went down the stairs first and paused at the bottom. I lingered behind him but I could see everyone that was in the common room was staring at him, waiting for me to come down with him.

"Piss off and go back to your knitting." He said to them, reaching for my hand.

"All of you." He raised his voice now.

I followed behind him as we left the common room, giving my best attempt to shoot death glares at anyone who looked at me. It usually came naturally any other day but I was far to bothered to pull it off.

We made it to our classes and Draco dealt with anyone who attempted to upset me. It wasn't until after we had finished dinner and were walking back to the Slytherin dormitories that I had someone get to me. 

As we rounded a corner together, a sandy blonde haired male came into sight. Dustin was leaned against the wall, it looked as though he'd been waiting for us. I slowed my paced down and Draco slightly shifted to be in front of me.