Chapter 53; Hexed

Aurora's POV

The past month has been quite uneventful at Hogwarts for a change. 

I haven't seen Draco all day, I assumed he was working on the Vanishing Cabinet. Blaise, Hope, Dylan and I sat eating dinner in the Great Hall.

"What's Draco doing that he isn't eating with us?" Dylan asked with a mouthful of food.

"DeathEater business, I think." I said quietly. "I'll go find him after we finish eating."

I did just that, after dinner, I left Dylan, Hope and Blaise in the Great Hall and I walked to the Room of Requirement and after making two laps through the crowded room I decided he wasn't there. I opened the Vanishing Cabinet just to check that he hadn't gotten in it to go to Borgin and Burkes and couldn't get it open once he'd returned but he wasn't there. The Great Hall was on my way to the Common Room but I stopped once I reached the entrance because the entire Hall was buzzing over something but it didn't seem to be a good buzz. I walked in and saw my friend's were still there.

Dylan turned to me and had a strange look across her face.

"What's going on?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"Katie Bell was cursed in Hogsmeade today." Hope whispered to me as if the entire room wasn't saying the same thing.

I sat thinking about it for a second and then my eyes widened. My eyes darted to Blaise who was waiting for me to put the pieces together.

"We have to find Draco." I said to him, standing up quickly.

Blaise did the same and we rushed out of the Great Hall. 

"Where else could he be?" I asked, rushing in the direction of the Slytherin dormitory. "Because I was just in the Room of Requirement and he's not there."

"Let's start with the Common Room and then go from there." Blaise said as we got to the entrance.

"Pureblood." I shouted without meaning to yell.

We entered and I didn't see any white hair scattered throughout the furniture but I did see a sandy blonde boy walking towards us.

"Not now, Dustin." I said putting a hand in his face.

He grabbed my hand and moved it down, not letting go.

"Aw, come on now. I haven't gotten to catch up with you since you escaped your 'kidnapping.'" He said exaggerating the word.

"Shouldn't you be babysitting Dracena or something?" Blaise snapped at him.

I jerked my hand away from him and tried to move past him but he stepped in front of me again. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Just don't forget I know everything, Aurora." He said leaning down and whispering into my ear. 

I gave him a side-eye waiting for him to move. He started to stand straight again when his hand reached for my face, his thumb gliding across the scar left from Atlas.

"What shame, messing up this pretty face." He said sucking his teeth at me.

I snapped my hand up to grab Dustin's away from my face and twisted his entire arm away from his body making him yelp in pain. Blaise chuckled from behind me and crossed his arms.

"You know I was about to beat your ass for the second time but I don't even have to." Blaise shrugged.

"Just don't forget who you're messing with, Dustin." I snarled at him and let go of his arm.

Dustin brought his arm up to his chest and held it, in pain.

"Now if you'll excuse us." I said, flipping my hair and heading to the boy's dormitory staircase.

Blaise and I ran up them side by side, we got to Blaise and Draco's room and Blaise unlocked the door. We swung it open to reveal Draco sitting on the floor with his back against the side of his bed. His knees were at his chest and his face in his hands. I made my way over to him and sat on the edge of the bed but he was still frozen.

"Draco," I said without any emotion. "Where were you today?"

He didn't look up at me but just shook his head in his hands.

"Draco." I said sternly.

He jumped up off the ground and turned to me.

"You already know, Aurora. Or you wouldn't have asked." He yelled.

I stood from his bed and took a step towards him.

"Where were you today?" I repeated looking at him without breaking eye contact.

He didn't move.

"Say it!" I snapped.

"I did it, okay? What everyone's talking about." He said, his chin beginning to quiver. "I hexed her."

"Goddammit, Draco." I said turning and walking to the other side of the room with my hand on my forehead.

"Why didn't you tell us what was going on?" Blaise asked with his arms crossed.

"Because I'm tired of always dragging the two of you into this." Draco said.

"We're a little past that, Draco." I said, pushing the sleeve of my shirt up. "And for more reasons than this." 

I shoved my arm with my tattoo on it out, towards him.

"And you know it." I snapped at him.

"It was meant for Dumbledore, not her." Draco said.

"Does the Dark Lord know?" I asked.

"Probably." Draco shrugged.

"How can you just shrug this off like that?" I yelled. "People are saying Katie might not recover, she has nothing to do with your task. And if Dumbledore finds out you hexed her then what?"

"I don't know, Aurora." Draco said throwing his arms up. "I just want it over with and you to be safe, that's all I've ever wanted."

He slouched down on his bed, finally I softened slightly.

"I just think you should have been more careful." I said to him. "And told us."

"You're right." He said.

"When am I not?" I started to tease him.

I saw a slight smirk starting to form on his face for the first time since I got to his room. I leaned down to him and gave him a quick kiss.

"You know we're going to find a way through this, right?" Blaise said looking back and forth to both of us.

"I hope you're right." I said sitting down next to Draco.

A/N: Kind of a short chapter but I have more coming! I had finals this past week and a wedding to attend yesterday but I think I can finally direct more energy to this story so get ready, you're about to get a new twist ;)

Comment what you think it is!