Chapter 7: Dinner

Aurora's POV:

"So he's asked you twice and you still haven't said yes?" Dylan asked as we walked to class.

"Yep. On top of the mental breakdown I had in front of him." I told her rolling my eyes. "I can't believe I actually cried in front of him!"

"Oh stop. He really likes you so I'm sure he doesn't care." She said. "So what do you think he's going to do to get you to say yes?"

"I have no idea, honestly." I told Dylan. "All he said about it last night was 'oh, don't worry."

"Oooo, mysterious" Dylan said excited.

After all of our classes were over I was waiting for Dylan in the corner at the end of the hallway, for us to go hangout by the lake, when Draco came out and walked towards me. He waited until everyone wasn't paying attention and walking down the hall before he leaned in and kissed me. It was long and amazing. He had both hands on the wall to either side of me, closed in. I blushed.

"Just wait for later, princess." He said and kissed me again.

Dylan walked out of the classroom at that moment and leaned against the door way until we finished. We pulled away and I look to see her looking at her nails and picking at them.

"Are you two done yet?" She asked 

Draco backed away from me and let out a nervous chuckle.

"It's fine lover boy, I approve" She said walking towards me "But I am requesting to hang out with my best friend until dinner." She point at him.

"Sure you got it." He told her and winked at me. He turned and walked down the hallway.

Dylan squealed when he turned the corner and grabbed my arm. We had a moment of acting like the teenagers we are and then composed ourselves to walk to the lake.

We just hung out and had girl talk for a few hours by the lake which was really great. Don't get me wrong I love being around Draco but quality time with Dylan is always good. I missed her a lot in the time my mother sent me to different schools, we only could keep in touch by owl.

"It's getting close to half past five should we go to dinner?" Dylan asked 

"Oh probably" I sighed because now we have to go back to reality of school and not just gossiping.

We got up and went to dinner, when we arrived to the Great Hall Draco was already there. I usually beat him to dinner. He looked at me and smiled but he looked anxious. Who knows what he is planning. Dylan and I sat down and ate dinner like normal around the usual girls. We all sat and talked.

It seemed like everyone had finished eating and were all sitting around talking when I heard a loud bang. I looked to see Draco with his wand out. He had made the food platters that were in front of him move down the table. Everyone was looking at him. What in the world is he doing? Was he mad about something?

Next thing I know he jumped up onto the top of the table.

"Mr. Malfoy!" McGonagall yelled from the teacher's table.

"It'll just be a minute, professor." He said smirking and turn his attention towards me.

"May I have everyone's attention, please!" Draco yelled.

As if everyone wasn't already looking at him. He walked down the table to where I was sitting.

"No way" Dylan said.

I was ready to bury my head in my robes by the time he stopped in front of me. 

"So, I need to do something very important tonight." He said looking at me.

"I have to ask this girl something. Aurora, will you officially be my girlfriend? This is the third time and they say the third time is the charm." He smiled

Everyone looked at me for the first time since this idiot got on the table. I put my face in my hand for a second and then looked up laughing. 

"If I finally say yes will you get off the damn table?" I asked through laughing

"Yes ma'am I will" He said looking very smug.

"Yes, Draco. I would love to be your girlfriend." I yelled at him

He stepped down off of the table next to me and pulled me up to my feet.

"So, you all are aware, Aurora is my girlfriend so keep your eyes off of her." He said sternly and dipped me backward to kiss me in front. of. the. entire. school.

I was so embarrassed and then the whole hall burst out in cheers and yelling.

Shortly after we all walked with our entire house back to the common room unlike the previous nights when we got to be alone together and in front of everyone Draco kissed me goodnight at the foot of the girl's staircase. I blushed and walked up stairs. When I got to the top I looked down and Draco still stood there watching me and said "Goodnight, and don't forget how beautiful you are."