Chapter 15; Christmas Eve

Draco's POV

I woke up and it smelled like sweets throughout the house. The house staff was getting ready for tonight's big party. Typically I'd just go down to make small talk long enough to please my parents and then go back to my room for the night. But this year I was actually excited because Aurora would be there and my parents let me and her invite friends from school. It actually felt like a real Christmas unlike years past. 

We both got up to get dressed, just in comfy clothes to head downstairs and help. If my father would allow it that is. If he's around we have to let the house elves to everything, if he isn't here mum likes to help and so do I.

We came downstairs to food everywhere and such chaos. So much my father was even helping. Am I hallucinating? The house looked spectacular, even better than the other parties we have here. I think both of my parents just wanted to impress Aurora but I was fine with that. Maybe her being around could soften my father like she did me.

Aurora and I snuck sweets out of the kitchen only for my mother to get onto us but still laughing at us.  I hadn't seen my mother smile this much since I was little, having Aurora here made our lives seem whole even though, I think we all knew, it wouldn't last. Not with all of the tension building in the Wizarding World, we all knew what was coming.

Aurora knew too and we made a promise to each other to enjoy every second we could and when times got bad we'd get through them together.

"Okay everyone." My mum started to talk breaking me out of my thoughts. "We'll have guests arriving in about 2 hours. We should all get ready."

Aurora and I started upstairs, I was less than thrilled to see our house full of slimy dark wizards in a few hours but I was determined for us and my friends to have a good night. We were walking down the hall when Aurora stopped at the hallway bathroom instead of following me to my room.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm getting ready in here so you can't see my dress." She told me.

"Aurora, it isn't our wedding or something." I laughed.

"No but I love my dress so much I want you to be surprised." She told me.

"Alright, love. I'll see you in a bit." I told her and went to my room.

Not surprising, I put on an all black suit but when I looked for my tie I found a dark green one with a note that said "wear me" on it. Is Aurora's dress this color? I shrugged and tied it. There was a knock at my door. I opened it to see one of our elves.

"Yes, Binx?" I asked him.

I was always nice to them when my father isn't around.

"Sir, you have some friends downstairs. Mrs. Malfoy asked I come get you since Ms. Aurora isn't ready yet." He told me.

"Okay thank you, bud." I told him. 

He turned to walk away.

"Hey Binx." I called to him, he is my favorite house elf.

"Yes, Draco sir?" He turned back around.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"Great, sir. Just wait until you see Ms. Grey." Binx winked at me.

I was a tad jealous that our house elf had seen Aurora and not me. I went down to find Crabbe, Dylan and Hope at the bottom of the stairs. Goyle and Blaise hadn't made it yet apparently.

"Hey guys." I said smiling, actually excited to see them.

"Your house is beautiful." Dylan remarked looking around the entrance.