Chapter 66: Safe House

Aurora's POV

We apparated to the front of my parent's house- or rather the shell of what once was. After Atlas tried to kill me in the kitchen, the Malfoy's dragging my father out the front door, and Draco and I coming back to find it destroyed by the hands of my own father in search of my mother- this isn't my home anymore. 

Just the image of my father and his goons carelessly ransacking the house that he and my mother built for our family makes me nauseous, especially because I know he was searching for my mother- and not to keep her safe.

From the outside it looks like nothing has changed. It still looks like the large grey stone house I grew up in, the worst it's seen is my father throwing me across the room and getting arrested by a large team of Aurors. It still looks like where my mother and I celebrated birthdays and Christmas' just the two of us, still filled with happiness, nevertheless.

As we walked up the sidewalk, both sides overshadowed by the hedges I used to play hide and seek in as a child, I know what the inside of the house holds.

With all of our wands drawn, Draco slightly opened the front door, then kicking it open when no noise came from the inside. We split up in pairs to sweep the inside of the house, in each room to ensure my father or anyone else wasn't lurking in the theater room or the now unused greenhouse- rooms we wouldn't necessarily have a need to go in anymore. 

We all came back together to the entryway, Daniella looking wide eyed at the state of the house.

"What happened here?" She asked cautiously.

I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Ah well, let's see." I started. "It started when my father forced me into joining, he and my mother, in the 'family business' a.k.a being a DeathEater. Psychopath father now believes he 'outranks' me, tries to kill his daughter over here." 

I walked over to the kitchen where my own blood with stained the wall from when he threw me against the wall.

"Um, I escaped to another DeathEater family for help, they and Draco's parents brought me back here to get my things- along with apprehending psychopath father while my mother cried." I motioned to my mum who stood full of tension as if not wanting me to continue.

"What don't remember sitting by and watching that happen, mum?" I asked.

"Oh! And then, The Dark Lord does everything besides put a bounty on my freaking mother's head because she's apparently more essential to him than psychopath father and no one knew! No one knew! But now we have to track her down before psychopath father finds her, so we're back here yet again. Come to find out psychopath father has beat us here and tore the place apart to find her. So yeah, fuck it, Draco and I added to the shit in here to find her. The difference being, though, I actually know my mother and found the clue she left me which brought us to the town where we found you." I ranted while pacing around the house, Draco, Daniella and my mother just watching me finally have this meltdown I've held in for far too long.

"Make sense?" I turned to face Daniella with my hands on my hips.

"Perfectly." She nodded slowly, a nervous smile touching the corners of her mouth.

"Any other questions?" I said, anxiously tapping my foot.

"Don't think so." She shook her head.

"Are you okay, darling?" Draco cocked his head at me, taking a cautious step towards me.

"Oh yeah. I'm terrific." I said.

"No, you're not. Come here." He said stretching his hand out to me.