Chapter 58; Detention

Draco's POV

Aurora and I are nearly done serving our week of detention with Snape, today is the last day. 

"What do you even do in detention?" Hope asked while we were hanging out in the common room before going to Snape's.

"Literally nothing, Snape really doesn't even make us stay there if no one else is there." Aurora told her.

"Okay that's because you're all deatheaters." She whispered.

"But like in real detention what do you do?" She asked.

I laughed slightly at Hope because she was asking since she'd never had detention before.

"You really should have been in Ravenclaw." Aurora laughed with me.

"No but really you just sit there for however long by yourself or do homework." I shrugged.

"And what have you had detention for?" Aurora asked.

"Eh, just a few things here and there." I smirked.

Aurora rolled her eyes and shook her head at me.

"So are we all going to hangout tonight after you two are done serving your sentence?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah that sounds good." Aurora nodded and laughed slightly.

"We'll try and steal some junk food for all of us before you get back." Blaise said.

"Alright, do you want to just go now then, Rory?" I asked.

"Yeah that's fi-" Aurora was cut off by someone coming down the stairs.

"Oh don't mind me just on my way to another day of detention." Dustin said loudly walking down the stairs.

Aurora rolled her eyes and rested her head against her hand.

"It's literally your own fault your in detention, Dustin." She said not turning to look at him.

She stared straight at me, making sure I wasn't going to get up to move towards Dustin.

"Is it though?" Dustin said standing behind Aurora.

"How is it not?" Aurora said slamming her hand down on the arm of the chair.

"Well if I remember correctly, Draco put his hands on me first." He said putting his hands on the back of the chair Aurora sat in.

Dylan bolted up from where she was sitting before anyone else could and lunged towards Dustin.

"Dylan don't." Aurora said grabbing Dylan's arm before she got to Dustin.

"No, Aurora. I'm so tired of this asshole. Do you not get the memo, Dustin?" Dylan snapped at him.

"Draco did not put his hands on you first, you put your  hands on Aurora."  Dylan continued. "So obviously Draco is going to do something, you're messing with his wife."

"But you're not married." Dustin said looking Dylan up and down.

It didn't take much thought to know what was going to happen, I smirked and leaned back in my seat. Aurora sat watching Blaise to see his reaction. Dustin started to move towards Dylan. She crossed her arms and let out a slight laugh at him just as Blaise darted up at him.

"Oh here we go." Aurora said and finally stood and turned to the boys.

"Not again." Hope said putting her head in her hand.

Dylan put her hand to Blaise's chest stopping him from continuing to move towards Dustin. I stood a grabbed ahold of Blaise's shoulder.

"He's really not worth it, Blaise." I said to him.

"Don't you have detention to get to?" Dylan said.

Dustin and Blaise stood staring at each other for what seemed like ten minutes before Dustin finally moved and started to leave to common room.

I let go of Blaise and we all looked at each other. Aurora laughed and shook her head.

"Oh good lord, let's go to Snape's." She said and grabbed my hand. "We'll see you later, guys."

We walked to Snape's classroom and walked in to find an empty room other than Snape at his desk with a quill in hand. He heard us come in and snapped his head up.

"Ah, detention still." He said putting his quill back in it's holder.

"Is no one else coming for detention today?" Aurora asked.

"No, which is fine." He said folding his hands on his desk.

"I need to talk to you both anyway." He said slowly. "And Blaise."

We sat down looking back and forth to each other, confused. After about 15 minutes of sitting in silence the door opened and Blaise walked in. 

"Good." Snape said, sitting back in his chair.

"What am I doing here?" Blaise asked.

"Sit down." Snape said.

"Now then, we need to discuss what is going to happen next week." He continued.

I shifted nervously, knowing where this was going.

"It is to happen next week." Snape said calmly.

"Luckily your little spat with Dustin will keep him and McGonagall occupied with detention. No one completely trusts him so he doesn't need to know when it's happening. When was the last time you worked with the Vanishing Cabinet, Draco?" He asked me.

"Uh, probably a few weeks ago. It's been very reliable so I haven't messed with it much more." I told him.

"Use this 'detention' to go try it one more time." Snape instructed.

We all nodded and stood up. Just before we left the room Snape said;

"You'll know when it's time."

I felt a lump in my throat and we continued to walk out of the classroom and head towards the Room of Requirement. Before we got there I felt myself start to tremble as I thought more about what I was going to have to do. I stopped and leaned against the wall feeling like my entire body was weighed down by a ton of bricks. I rested my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath when Aurora looked over her shoulder to notice me against the wall.

"Draco!" She panicked and rushed back to me.

"What's wrong?" Blaise asked.

Aurora sunk to her knees to look up at my face. I let my body sink down the wall to the floor and let out a sob.

"Draco" Aurora said quietly, watching me.

"I don't want to do it." I managed to get out while crying.