Chapter 64: Devastation

10.26.2021- My book is exactly a year old today! Thank you for all of the love, support and comments you've left so far!!

Aurora's POV

The glow of the sun had just started to illuminate the horizon as I stood at the bay window of my grandparent's house, finishing some tea I quickly brewed with my wand.

The things that Draco and I had brought with us was already waiting for us by the door- as if it was very much considering my charmed bag. My mother's was also there- we just needed Daniella to leave.

I mindlessly watched the water rise and fall from the shoreline out the window, twirling my wedding right around and around my finger.

"Are you alright, darling?" Draco spoke from my right, nearly making me drop the mug in my hand.

I mustered a smile and nodded as he stepped to my side, putting his hand at the small of my back.

"I can see there's about a thousand things going through your mind." He said. "Care to tell me about at least one?"

"Just thinking about how nice it would be to just stay here- and never go back." I said resting my hand across my torso for my other hand to rest to mug on my arm.

"They'd find us." Draco said.

"What if they didn't?" I asked.

"We can't take that risk, Rory." He added. "And we can't live the rest of our lives in that bunker behind a bookcase."

I let out a small laugh at the thought of it.

"I know." I nodded. "And we can't just leave this war for the Order to finish."

"We have to be careful about everything now." Draco noted. "Everything we say and how we act in front of Voldemort."

Just then I heard the slight creaks of my mother coming down the steps. I waved my wand once more and the mug left my hand to go to the sink, washed itself and put it away.

"Ready?" My mother asked.

The only thing we have going for us is that the DeathEaters have infiltrated just about everything in our world- The Ministry of Magic, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley- everything.

So now that we've located my mother before my father we don't need to travel in disguise but we have to be cautious on the off chance we run into him or one of his minions.

I nodded to my mother.

She looked around the room; "Where's Daniella?"

"She isn't here yet." Draco shrugged.

"Should we just heard towards town or wait?" My mother asked.

Before either of us could respond with an answer there was a knock at the door.

Draco walked over to open it while pulling his wand out, just in case it wasn't Daniella.

I walked over to the window that was next to the door to look out before Draco reached the door to look out; it was Daniella with a bag on her shoulder.

I looked to Draco and nodded that it was safe to open the door.

Daniella stepped into the house once Draco opened the door.

"Are you ready for all of this?" My mother asked her.

"Yeah, definitely." She nodded. "My brother's alive after all and I intend on finding out what happened to my father."

"Then we better get going." Draco said handing me the bag we had brought with us.

"It should be safe to apparate straight to Diagon Alley." Draco said. "Keep your wands out just in case."