Chapter 29; Writing

Draco's POV

It's after dinner now and I have yet to bring up the letter Aurora got from her mother. I am not entirely sure of what to say but we have planned for her to help me write my sister tonight. 

I'm sitting at my desk staring at a blank piece of parchment and the quill is just resting in my hand, I don't know what I'm supposed to say to my sister I've never met.

"How about you just start by introducing yourself?" Aurora suggested, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded.

She helped me struggle my way through the letter but after about an hour I picked it up and stared at it.

"Dracena,

Hi there. I'm not really sure how to start this but this letter is coming from your brother. Draco. I just found out I had a little sister and I must admit I'm excited to meet you. It's coming up soon so I hope you can say the same. I look forward to you meeting my girlfriend, as well. Her name is Aurora and I'm sure the two of you will get on well. Dustin has told me some about you, it seems you are fond of him but I can't say that I am very fond of him. I'm told you enjoy flying and that you're good at it. I'm the seeker on my house team here so I'm looking forwards to us flying together and maybe you can tryout for the team here. I hope this letter finds you well and I hope you continue to study hard at Ilvermorny the rest of this term. I look forward to hearing from you and I can't wait to meet you soon, little sister.

Your brother,

Draco"

"I think that's nice." Aurora told me.

"I hope she thinks so too." I said.

Aurora kissed the top of my head and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"I'm sure she will, sweetheart." She said to me.

"Aurora?" I said.

"Yeah?" She said and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Should you write to your mum?" I asked hesitantly.

"I don't know. Probably." She said. "I don't even know that she's safe, I mean just him being there isn't exactly legal."

"I don't want her brought into all of this." She said.

"I don't want us brought into it either." I told her.

"I know, I know." She said. 

After a few minutes she sighed and picked up my quill.

"I'm just going to ask if she's safe." She said.

"Would you ask if you need to come straight home from here? If she needs you, you don't have to come home with me, Rory." I told her.

"Okay." She said while writing on some parchment.

I read it over her shoulder while I rubbed her back lightly.

"Mother,

Are you safe?

Do I need to come home at the end of term instead of going to Malfoy Manor?

Love you always,

Aurora."

She took a deep breath and folded it to slip it into an envelope. She turned to me.

"Can we take this to the owlery tonight?" She said, her voice quivering slightly.

"Sure, princess." I said and pulled a jacket out of my wardrobe.