Chapter 49; Not Good Enough

Aurora's POV

I sat in my usual chair in the Room of Requirement as Draco paced waiting for Blaise to come back through the cabinet.

"How long has it been now?" He asked me.

I looked at the pocket watch we brought.

"Two hours." I told him.

He nodded and continued pacing.

"He should be back soon, right?" He asked.

I nodded to him and tried to go back to the homework I was working on. We came here twice a week and it's been about three weeks since Blaise first went to Borgin and Burkes through the cabinet. Blaise still wouldn't let me go through the cabinet, like Voldemort wanted.

"Christmas Holiday is soon, you know?" I said turning the page in my book.

"Yeah and?" Draco said.

"Well I just don't know what's going to happen. I mean, your parents are expecting us and Dracena to come home right?" I asked.

"Yeah they haven't said otherwise." Draco shrugged.

"And Voldemort is there." I added.

Draco nodded.

"Yeah I don't know what will happen, Aurora." He said to me.

Blaise thumped back into the cabinet and Draco went to open it. Blaise stepped out and shook his head.

"Guess who was waiting for me." He said looking back and forth at us.

Draco and I did the same, looking at each other.

"Who?" I finally asked.

"Bellatrix." He told us and sat down on the arm of the chair I was sitting in.

"What'd she say?" Draco asked.

"The first thing she said was that she was hoping to see Aurora." Blaise started.

Draco scoffed.

"What else did she say?" I asked.

"She said we need to come to Malfoy Manor. Tomorrow." Blaise said

"Great." Draco muttered and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Did she say why?" I asked.

"No," Blaise shook his head. "I assume another meeting or something."

"Well at least we've been here with this stupid cabinet so Voldemort can't bitch about that, right?" I said.

"I don't know if I'd put my money on that." Draco said to me.

"Hope and Dylan will be expecting us for dinner." Blaise pointed out.

"You're right." I said standing from the armchair.

We walked to the Great Hall, like always and had dinner with Dylan and Hope, making up some story about what Snape was having us do for him. This time we were cleaning cauldrons for tomorrow's class, other times we told them we were moving supplies or cleaning his storeroom. After dinner we all went back to our rooms, Dylan and I sat talking on our beds before we went to sleep.

"You know, I wish you all weren't always helping Snape with stuff and even when you aren't you always seem so stressed. I miss my friends and my boyfriend, you see him more than I do." Dylan let out a small chuckle, picking at her blanket.

"I know, I wish we didn't have to deal with it either." I told her.

"How long do you have to do it for?" She asked.