Chapter 57; Manners

Aurora's POV

It's been nearly a month since Potter decided to attack Draco in the bathroom. Draco spent a couple nights in the hospital wing after the incident, I'd go see him after classes and bring my meals and his at lunch and dinnertime. This whole ordeal just confirmed that Harry Potter had figured out we're deatheaters.. or at least Draco was but Blaise and I wouldn't be far from the cookie crumb trail.

Our usual group sat eating lunch in the Great Hall when someone plopped themselves down next to me. I turned to see a sandy-haired boy smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What do you want Dustin?" I said dropping my fork in my plate.

I saw Draco's head snap away from his conversation with Blaise out of the corner of my eye. He tensed up and stared him down over my shoulder.

Dustin shrugged.

"Just wanted to tell you how sad I am.." He trailed off.

"Sad about what?" I asked already irritated with him.

"Sad that this husband of yours.." He motioned to Draco. "Or whatever he is didn't bite the big one in his little spat with Potter so I could have you all to myself."

My hands balled into fists without even thinking about it.

"And what would you know about it?" I snapped, feeling my nails digging into my skin.

"Oh I know plenty." He said clearly thrilled with my reaction. "Don't forget who's side we're all on now."

He leaned towards me and put his hand on my arm. As soon as his hand touched me Draco bolted up, making the dishes on the long table rattle. I slapped Dustin's hand away just as Draco's hand found it's way to the collar of Dustin's shirt.

"I thought I told you to never touch her again?" Draco said inches from Dustin's face.

Everyone in the Great Hall was watching them now, including Potter and his two little minions; Hermione and Ron.

Dustin smiled at Draco, clearly taunting him.

"But I did." He said to Draco. "So what are you going to do, pretty boy?"

Draco stared at Dustin still holding onto him, Blaise had stood up and was now standing behind Draco. He looked back and forth from Dustin and Draco to me, as if asking if I wanted him to step in or kick Dustin's ass with Draco. I'm not sure which.

"What am I going to do?" Draco spat back. "I will kill you."

"Do you really want a repeat of the last time?" Blaise said.

Draco's eyes met mine as if asking if he could hit him because of how mad I was the time before. 

"Teach him some manners." I shrugged and Draco smirked at me before turning back to Dustin and punching him straight in the nose.

Dustin tried to fight back but Draco was stronger than him not to mention Blaise getting in a few swings at him too. All of the other students in the Great Hall were shouting or trying to get out of the way of all of the commotion.  Dylan and Hope stood beside me watching Draco and Dustin fight with each other. Soon teachers were attempting to push their way through everyone to get to them and break the fight up. Dustin fell to the ground after tripping backwards over someone watching them fight. Draco stood over Dustin slightly out of breath, I could tell he was chuckling at him by how his shoulders moved. I stepped forward towards them as Professor McGonagall pushed her way to us. Just as she started to yell at everyone to leave the Great Hall I raised my foot and kicked Dustin in the ribs myself.

"Ms. Grey!" McGonagall shouted.

I turned to see Snape and Dumbledore standing behind her. Blaise grabbed Draco to stop him from kicking Dustin like I did.

"I'm sorry professor. Do you mean Mrs. Malfoy?" I smirked at her.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. 

"Yes, Mrs. Malfoy." She said.

"You and Mr. Malfoy can follow me straight to Dumbledore's office." She continued.

"I hope you're happy, Potter." I snapped at him as we walked past him.

McGonagall grabbed my arm and continued to lead us through the crowd with Dumbledore and Snape following us.

"Mr. Zabini, drag Dustin with you and come with us." Dumbledore said.

We all walked towards Dumbledore's office, McGonagall holding onto my arm like she was dragging a toddler. I'd try to jerk away from her a couple of times but she tightened her grip every time.

"If you're all going to act like little kids, that's how you shall be treated." She said.

I looked back at Draco to find Snape dragging him in the same fashion, I had to stifle a laugh knowing Snape was only doing so because McGonagall was dragging me. We made our way up the staircase and entered Dumbledore's office. Blaise shoved Dustin down in a chair and I stood firmly next to Draco.

"Do you think we have been oblivious to the quarrels you three, four even.." Dumbledore said looking at Blaise. "have had over the past couple of years?"

No one said anything.

"What is the reason for this?" He asked walking behind his desk.

"I don't know, why don't you ask Dustin? He always seems to be starting it and harassing me." I said.

"I have no idea what she is talking about. Draco always comes at me first." Dustin raised his hands.

"That's complete bullshit." Draco spat.

"There's no need for that.. Mr. Malfoy." Snape said.

"The only reason I swung first, and always step in is because I'm defending Aurora." Draco continued, ignoring Snape. "Literally, since the first time he met her at my family's Manor, he's been obsessed with her. It's disgusting and she's told you multiple times she doesn't appreciate the attention you give her."

"Is this true Ms. Gre-Malfoy?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"Yes, it is." I snapped, shooting Dustin a look.

"I'll keep it in mind. However, this incident cannot go unpunished." Dumbledore continued. "Aurora and Draco will serve a week's detention with Professor Snape while Dustin will serve two week's detention with Professor McGonagall, we don't need anymore brawls from you three being in the same room together."

We nodded and I looked to Professor McGonagall;

"I'm so sorry you have to deal with him." I said to her as Draco and I turned to leave.

Dustin watched as I walked by him, blood trickling out of his nose and bruises starting to scatter his face, I paused;

"I told you not to forget who you're messing with, didn't I?" 

Draco took my hand and smirked as we walked out of Dumbledore's office.

"That's my girl." He mumbled and shook his head slightly.