Chapter 40; Year 6

A/N Hey everyone! I can't believe how many people are reading my story, thank you!! I love reading your comments some of them are HILARIOUS. But, I'm making this note to tell you we're making a time jump all the way through the summer because I'm not sure how to write it without Draco and Aurora finding out about each other being DeathEaters and that's not how I wanted it to happen! Enjoy :)

Draco's POV

I watched my mother embrace Aurora on the platform with my father standing beside me. Dracena had already gotten on the train, I told her to come and find us at the carriages. Aurora had pretty much gotten over the incident with Atlas, except she was more skittish, filled with hatred for her father and had a few scars lingering, both physically and emotionally.

She and my mother pulled away and Aurora looked at me with those piercing green eyes. When she looked at me, I still felt like all of the air vanished from my lungs. I smiled at her.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yep, maybe my life will be a little more normal." She said to me.

"Ah, I wouldn't count on that." My father said, lending a chuckle.

I furrowed my brows, a little confused as to why he said it to her and not me because my life was about to be anything but normal. 

Aurora still didn't know that the day before my parents went to rescue her, I became a DeathEater.

And was tasked with something I couldn't even think about without getting sick to my stomach, just a few days ago.

"You both have a good year, and don't forget to write." My mother said, sending us off with a warm smile.

My father didn't do the same, he looked around nervously. I gave him a nod goodbye.

I placed my hand on Aurora's lower back and we went to the train. Aurora went into our compartment first and slid into a seat, I sat next to her. None of our other friends had made it here yet.

Aurora fidgeted with her hair.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

She let out a chuckle.

"What do you think my friend's will think of my new look?" She asked, looking down.

I put a finger under chin and turned her to look at me. My hand moved to cup her cheek and I ran my thumb over the scar across her cheek.

"You're beautiful, Aurora." I said looking into her eyes. "You always have been, before and now. Our friends won't care about this little scar."

"I can't wait to get my father back for it one day." She said to me.

"And I'll be right there with you." I told her.

The door to the compartment slid open.

"Hey guys!" Dylan walked in, holding the hand of Blaise.

"Ah, how are the lovebirds?" Aurora asked and then looking down.

"Doing okay, Rory?" Blaise asked as they both slid into the seat across from us.

Aurora let out a sigh.

"I'm okay, better than the last time you saw me." She replied.

Dylan looked nervous, unsure of what to say. Both, Dylan and Hope knew what happened because Aurora wrote them when she felt up to it about a week after it happened.

"I've missed you." Dylan said quietly.

"I've missed you, too." Aurora said looking up quickly and then back down.