Chapter 36; Atlas

Aurora's POV

I didn't want to but when I woke up I found my way downstairs because I smelled breakfast. I was wearing Draco's shirt with short black shorts. I walked into the kitchen and my father stared at me for a second, confused.

"Avianna, did you tell me Aurora was playing quidditch?" He asked.

"I don't play quidditch." I rolled my eyes at him. "Draco does." 

"Ahh." He said smiling and looking back at his newspaper.

He shook his head slightly.

"What?" I snapped at him, taking a drink of the orange juice my mother handed me.

"I played quidditch on the Slytherin team, you know?" He said to me.

"Did you really?" I asked sitting down, reminding myself I promised my mum I'd try to be nice.

"Yeah, it's how you get all the pretty girls." He said nodding to my mother. "But, clearly Draco knows that." 

I tried to keep from smiling. Father being nice to me was bringing back all kinds of memories from when I was a little girl.

"So, what position did you play?" I asked, stabbing my pancakes.

"Seeker." He said taking a sip of coffee.

I smiled and took a bite of pancakes.

"I'll take it Draco does too." My mother said sitting down with us.

I nodded.

"He won the Quidditch House Cup and few weeks back for Slytherin." I told them.

"Well, I think that's great. Don't you, Atlas?" My mum asked my father.

"It is. I never got to win it." He told me. "So tell me about your friends, what are their names? What are they like?"

"Um.." I was getting irritated because I didn't want my father to think things were normal.

"Well, Dylan and Hope are my two closest friends. Dylan is my roommate, we're both pretty outspoken. Hope is more quiet and sweet. And uh, I'm pretty close with Blaise. He's also Draco's best friend but we're pretty good friends now. Really that's the whole friend group." I told him.

"Oh, sometimes Crabbe and Goyle hang around but Draco hasn't been on great terms with them since.." I trailed off confused as to why I was telling my parents all of this.

"Since what?" My mother asked.

"Uh, since this kid started this year. He clearly has a thing for me but won't leave me alone sometimes and they brought him to one of Draco's parties." I told them.

"What do you mean he won't leave you alone? Has he touched you?" My father asked, stiffening.

"Nothing like that." I shook my head. "He just likes to make comments mostly. I can handle him but when Draco's around I have to keep him from killing Dustin."

"I like Draco already." My father said smirking at my mother. "And what is this Dustin's last name?" 

I shrugged.

"I don't know, honestly. I just try to avoid him." I told him.

"But Crabbe and Goyle, huh?" My dad said. "I believe I know their fathers."

"Oh I'm sure you do." I mumbled, picking at my pancakes.

"Would I know any of your other friend's parents?" He asked.

"If you mean are they DeathEaters? No, Dylan and Hope's family wasn't involved with the last Wizarding War but Blaise's father has already forced him to become one." I snapped.