Chapter 59; The Task

A/N: I know this update is loooong overdue, I know. We all know what's coming and I just didn't think I had enough time (until today) to dedicate to this chapter. I knew it would take a lot of energy soo here we go. Let's get *emotional*

Aurora's POV

Draco, Blaise and I didn't bother attending classes today, none of us would have been able to sit still just thinking about what was going to occur later. We took turns pacing and fidgeting around in Draco & Blaise's room just waiting.

"Have you eaten today, Draco?" I asked, concerned.

He shook his head.

"Well at the very least we should all try to eat." I said.

Draco continued to pace, not acknowledging what I said. I observed his features his once flawlessly perfect face was dark, his cheeks hallowed and his eye sunk in slightly. I knew I probably looked similar but not as extreme.

"Draco!" I said sternly. 

His head snapped from looking at the floor to my face.

"What Aurora?" He asked.

"We need to eat, if we do anything else today we need to eat. Who knows what is going to happen after-" I choked on my words.

"After" I shook the feeling away. "We don't know where we're going to end up, any of us."

I looked to Blaise for some back up.

He nodded slightly.

"She's right, Draco. And we should probably-" Blaise had a similar reaction to my own a few seconds earlier.

He shut his eyes tightly and looked away. He swallowed sharply and let out a deep breath.

"We should probably tell Dylan and Hope goodbye too." He said quietly.

I nodded and felt my chin quiver slightly.

"Do you think Dracena will be safe here?" Draco asked.

"McGonagall isn't exactly a DeathEater so she's probably safer here than at Malfoy Manor." Blaise commented.

"Even though we're letting DeathEaters walk right into the castle." I remarked.

We decided to go down to the Great Hall and ate what we could manage. We mostly picked at food, pushing things around our plates.

"Hey there you guys are!" Dylan said sitting down with us.

"What's going on?" Hope asked when she saw the looks on our faces.

"Eat your lunch and then meet us in our room." I said to Dylan.

Draco and Blaise followed me out of the Great Hall and to our room. I sat on the bed looking around the room, trying to memorize this place as it was most likely the last time I'd ever be here. Even all of my things would probably be left behind, I don't think there will be time to linger after.. Draco's task.

I got off of my bed and went over to the dresser where a photo of Draco and I lived in a frame, I watched us move and smile at each other. I smiled at how perfect that winter holiday was. I felt a hand on my lower back, I smelled familiar cologne and knew Draco had gotten up from the chair he was in. 

"Look at how happy we were." He said, taking the picture frame up in his other hand.

"We'll be that kind of happy again one day, Draco." I said.

"Will we?" He said staring at the picture. 

I looked at him and his eyes looked so empty not filled with a storm like they used to be.