Chapter 42; Scarhead

Aurora's POV

It's been about a month since we've been back to school. Things felt normal, except of course for the fact I was now a Deatheater and the only person that knew was Blaise. It was more difficult to hide than I thought it would be. I hadn't been staying with Draco as much as I did last term, it was kind of nice actually. I got to spend a ton of time with Dylan and Hope. We had sleepovers and would gossip and laugh, it felt like I was getting to do what 17 year old girls were supposed to do.

I had overslept and Dylan went to class without me. I finished my makeup and only had 5 minutes to get to the other side of the castle. I was back to wearing makeup everyday, I felt like the scar was less prevalent when I did so. I grabbed my books and threw my robe over my shoulder and quickly left the dormitory. I had my robes halfway on when someone said my name and put a hand on my shoulder. I jump and pulled out my wand. I pointed it at the neck of whoever it was that touched me.

Blaise backed away from me with his hands up in surrender. I felt my face hot with anger and panic.

"Rory." Blaise reasoned with me. "It's me, it's okay." 

I snapped out of it, I lowered my wand.

"Blaise, I'm so sorry." I said to him. "I don't know what came over me."

"It's okay, Aurora." He said to clam me. "It was just your reflexes now, probably from.. what happened."

"Yeah, you're probably right." I said putting my wand back into my robes.

"You late for class too then?" He asked. 

"Yeah." I chuckled. "I overslept."

"Hey, why don't we just skip until lunch?" Blaise suggested.

"And do what?" I asked.

"I don't know just take a break from all of this crap." Blaise shrugged. "It really doesn't take priority anymore right?"

He motioned to my forearm. 

"You know what? Sure. Why not?" I said to Blaise.

"Let's go to the lake." I said and we started out of the castle.

We sat down on the dock and talked for a few hours.

"No one else knows about my situation." I said to him. "Except for you."

"You haven't told, Draco?" He asked.

"No, I don't know how and as far as I can see, he isn't one either." I told him.

"Really?" Blaise asked. "Hmm, if that's the case then I'm surprised."

"Have you gotten a task yet?" I asked Blaise.

He shook his head, "I haven't been summoned to a meeting yet, either. Probably because my father is on his good side."

"Heh, I can't stay the same for mine if I had to guess." I said.

"Ah, it's probably the Malfoy's protecting you." He told me.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Oh come on, you're basically their daughter." He said to me. "They couldn't have picked a better person for Draco to end up with."

"Yeah, I guess so. The new Dark version of Harry Potter himself." I joked.

"You aren't Dark, Aurora." He said to me. "You're ruthless when you have to be, don't get me wrong but you aren't the next Voldemort or-"

"What about the next Atlas or Avianna Grey?" I cut him off. "Because the odds are stacked against me there."

"Not likely." Blaise said. "Hey, we should probably get back to the castle for lunch."